By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Daniel Sturridge

The_Adder

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Very good that.

Studge is a f***ing loon. You gotta love him.

He'd possibly do your head in after a while in close proximity (though he seems very popular to be fair).

Either way, it can't be a bad thing that he is so relaxed and confident.

• 2 weeks later...

Complex Interview

Daniel Sturridge is starting to realize that now, as a 24-year-old budding superstar for Liverpool FC and England’s national team, absolute openness works. His spotlight has gotten brighter, but Sturridge hasn’t always agreed with the lighting. As a 13-year-old, Manchester City paid up to $337,000 for his services. By 16, he was training with their starters. By 18, he was scoring Premier League goals. But when Liverpool FC signed him in 2013 for $20.2 million, he had been through three clubs in five years, and had earned a reputation as a self-described “closed book.”

Since signing with Liverpool FC, he’s bloomed. Given a consistent starting spot for the first time, his subsequent 35 goals in 49 club appearances has him more willing to share himself with a new wave of fans and journalists who are suddenly interested in—and not annoyed by—what Sturridge has to give.

The key for Sturridge: you just have to be your 24-year-old self. Because that self actually has the same interests what every 24-year-old reader of Complex does, in no particular order: Drake, Kanye, LeBron, dope clothes, and loud opinions. He rocks Red October Yeezys, has a take on “Control,” and has a 55-hour mix uploaded on his SoundCloud. He’s as relatable as the plug.

It’s when matters get bogged down by the sometimes monotonous life of professional soccer (not every great athlete needs to be as self-obsessed as Jordan or as disciplined as Kobe. It’s a long season, bro) that the banter becomes boring, your gaze and tone become less interested, and the Internet starts calling you mean things.

Sturridge insists he’s not “greedy,” “stuck-up,” or “arrogant,” as has been suggested. He’s just a hypebeast living in the body of the best striker in England...

http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/08/daniel-sturridge-liverpool-interview-drake-kanye-balmain-jeans

Woke up with this in my head.. lots of credits to the beach boys, help me Rhonda.... may take a while to learn the words though ;)

Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan, Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan, Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan, Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan, Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan, Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan, Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan-iel Sturridge

Score a goal for the reds

Woke up with this in my head.. lots of credits to the beach boys, help me Rhonda.... may take a while to learn the words though ;)/>

Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan, Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan, Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan, Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan, Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan, Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan, Dan-iel Sturridge

Dan-iel Sturridge

Score a goal for the reds

Coordinating the harmonies is going to be a ballache

I like the way fans of other teams don't realise exactly how good he is. A Spurs fan in work actually laughed the other day when I said he was one of the best forwards in the league. 21 in 26 last season and people still think he's nothing special. He'll get 30 this season if he stays fit.