By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

TV shows (but not GoT)

crisps

13 hours ago, New York Red said:

Anyone seen Gangs of London? It’s a bit gruesome. And an utterly implausible story.

I’m sure I’ll watch it all though.

Good fun. Ridiculous in an 80s action film way

Started watching High Maintenance on Sky. Every episode is about someone new in NYC, with it all held together by a weed dealer who deals to them all. He’s played by the guy who created the show. 

Some episodes better than others but it’s pretty funny and charming. 

Edited by Swipe

21 hours ago, New York Red said:

Anyone seen Gangs of London? It’s a bit gruesome. And an utterly implausible story.

I’m sure I’ll watch it all though.

There are some brilliant set piece action scenes in it, and one stand alone episode which is terrific. 

The story tails off, but probably worth seeing through. 

33 minutes ago, Nate. said:

Mrs is after watching Peaky Blinders.

I'm not sure. What say the forum telly addicts?

I really enjoyed it.... Some low points, but can say that about majority of series.. Some of the characters are great and also some great music and period accuracies regarding the sets etc 

38 minutes ago, Nate. said:

Also great for spotting bits around Merseyside where it was filmed.  

The first two series are brilliant, and there are some great moments all the way through, often soundtracked with top song choices. The last series seemed to more about heightening the moments of confrontation rather than an actual decent story. Deffo worth a watch though. 

17 hours ago, DecidedByPoll said:

There are some brilliant set piece action scenes in it, and one stand alone episode which is terrific. 

The story tails off, but probably worth seeing through. 

Isn't that by the fella who made The Raid? If so, it's not surprising that the action scenes are good. The Raid and its sequel have some of the best fight scenes I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, Nate. said:

It's good but not great I'd say. We watched most of the first series and enjoyed it but I'm not particularly arsed about going back to it, I will at some point,

1 hour ago, cymrococh said:

It's good but not great I'd say. We watched most of the first series and enjoyed it but I'm not particularly arsed about going back to it, I will at some point,

Yeah I did the same.

It's not bad but I don't really see why people talk about it as being one of the best shows of recent years etc.

5 hours ago, smithdown said:

Just got round to watching the Lovers Rock episode of Small Axe, just brilliant telly in every way, could have gone on twice as long easy.

Yep it was great. I've been mainly listening to dub since.

Third one was good too.

That last episode of Mandalorian is something else... 

Absolutely brilliant... Felt like a big kid

Also watched The Undoing this weekend... Some great performances from Hugh Grant and the young lads in it... Really good series. 

Donald Sutherland still going strong which is good to see 

Been watching Power recently. As with a couple mentioned on here - such as Gangs of London -, it's ultra-violent, hyper-sexualised, stereotype-conforming reprehensible nonsense.

It's full of plot holes, impossible coincidences,  terrible acting, worse accents and ridiculous, totally incomprehensible and unrealistic twists, motives, characters, dialogue and narratives.

I'm loving it.

*AND - it's got 50 Cents in it (and he has a Exec Producer credit, I think). And tbf, he's neither the worst actor, nor has he the worst diction. Make of that what you will. 

(The final episode of S4, I think - and the last scene of the previous episode featuring Ghost's daughter, no spoilers - genuinely had me shocked and then engaged in the kind of full-on action "rollercoaster" that I normally wouldn't bother with. And FWIW, if anyone else is familiar, Tommy Egan is a MUCH more interesting and watchable character than the rather boring main one, James/Ghost)

Edited by JRC