By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Roy Hodgson

psl

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excellent.. totally agree.. the expectations we had were down to Rafa.. those short sighted enough to want the man out wanted him out because he was under achieving but failed to look at the big picture as to why that was and instead felt that - because we are Liverpool - we had a right to be in the position Rafa had elevated us to.. wrong.. so so fkin wrong.. this was on the cards this..

Yep, this is so right.

I just do not understand the utter vitriol spouted at Rafa by some of OUR fans. WTF is that all about? Is it that they believe the rubbish put out by the sports media - Sky, cliche ridden journos, etc?

I'm a scouser but not lived in Liverpool for years. Had always been proud of our independent turn of mind, what the the feck has happened to that?

My perception was that plenty of people saw him as a viable proposition - maybe not who they'd want, but someone they'd accept.

At the turn of the year here were a number of posters who flirted with the idea in the heat of the moment post matches like Portsmouth. But these were very much hypothetical and never actually looked into what it would be like.

When it became an actual possibility it was only the passionate Rafa-haters who backed Hodgson to be a success.

I went looking for the thread the other day and couldn't find it.

There were loads who were saying Hodgson would be their choice if Rafa was out. Loads.

I got laughed at for saying that Rafa got more out of our squad last season than Hodgson his. I still stand by that.

You're a bit off

" Do we want Hodgson thread "

Check out post number 17.

Edited by Earl Hafler

Ok so just to add another random twitterer to the mix -

ubermick Gaz Edmunds by thisisanfield 3-word email from a friend who knew of the NESV takeover when everyone was talking about Kenny Huang and Kirdi: "Confirmed - He's gone"

Well that's b****xs for a start nobody saw nesv. Dan roan broke that and nearly broke the internet in the process with the amount of research being done on them. You'll get loads of this s***e now and it will all start with "I'm getting this info from someone who told me about blah blah blah" usually a sig that it's made up tripe. In fact I'm astounded victim hasn't chirped in yet.

"In football you do what you always do. You keep going as best you can, you make certain you try and get over the result, you make certain the next result is a better one and hopefully wipes away the memory, but that's all you can do.

"Football unfortunately throws up some good moments and bad moments, and when it throws up a bad moment there is no amount of talking that is going to change anything.

"It'll be the next performance which could change things."

Perhaps, Roy, it might be time to try something different?

Edited by TommoK

A few strange tweets from the players, Mavinga and Eccelston have tweeted single question marks or exclamation marks.

Yeah i saw that and the kicker for me was one from Babbel saying

*Silence*

Something must be up!!

"In football you do what you always do. You keep going as best you can, you make certain you try and get over the result, you make certain the next result is a better one and hopefully wipes away the memory, but that's all you can do.

"Football unfortunately throws up some good moments and bad moments, and when it throws up a bad moment there is no amount of talking that is going to change anything.

"It'll be the next performance which could change things."

:lol:

He's a f***ing parody.

thisisanfield This Is Anfield

Did you know... Dalglish has won more trophies than Hodgson has won away games in all his time managing English sides. #LFC #HodgsonOut

Jesus.

Include his playing career and Dalglish has won more league titles than Roy has won away games in the prem.