By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Thiago Alcantara

Cobs

1 hour ago, Hassony said:

Kuyt's cameo against West ham was exciting 

That wasn't his debut was it?

It is in my head, but my head had been wrong before.

Seems it was his first home game, he played Villa away and Toulouse away before then

"His first Premier League goal came on his Anfield debut on 19 August 2007, in the 16th minute in a 1–1 draw against Chelsea."

Torres

Liverpool

2007–08 season

Torres made his competitive debut for Liverpool against Aston Villa in a 2–1 win on 11 August 2007.[26] He made his first appearance in the UEFA Champions League four days past his first performance in a 1–0 victory over Toulouse, after coming on as a 79th minute substitute.[27] His first Premier League goal came on his Anfield debut on 19 August 2007, in the 16th minute in a 1–1 draw against Chelsea.

31 minutes ago, Maldini said:

This is...a take 

hahaha f***ing hell. Be interesting to see him defensively tho in all seriousness. With the ball hes outstanding. Klopp mentioned about his defending yesterday. Nothing heavy but just about knowing how we play I think

3 hours ago, Leo No.8 said:

I would imagine Kenny Cunningham scratches his head a lot. With a vacant look on his face.

He coached me once at a summer camp for a session when I was about 10. He was lovely and I scored a goal. I really thought I was going to get signed due to a recommendation from him.

Fancy stealing a child’s dream like that.

Edited by sammy & a
  • Haha 1

If you look at the managers Kenny Cunningham played for then it isn't really that surprising that he doesn't get Thiago.

I found this in an article about him as well.

"Roy Keane is one of the best players I've played with and when he came into the team, everyone raised their game by 1% or 2%," explained Andy Reid. "If everyone in the team raises their game by one or two percent, your team is going up 20 percent in performance. I've never known a player to have that kind of effect before"

If everyone raises their game by 1% or 2% then doesn't your team go up 1% or 2% in performance?

Edited by kop205
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Maldini said:

He's actually usually alright Cunningham and he's surprisingly funny but every so often he comes out with an opinion that leaves you scratching your head. 

Yeah, I enjoy listening to him.

In fairness to him, he says he's very good on the ball and also in tight spaces so gives him credit for those skill - its more the off the ball work he is questioning. Whether I agree with the underlying sentiment, he does 2 things I like, firstly says that he's watched alot of continental football (and gave a strong opinion on Havertz being suitable as an '8' for us) and then, secondly, focused on his defensive side of the game and gave a critique of his tackling style based his opinion of those years watching continental football.

The big part I dont agree with is that he doesn't improve our 1st eleven.

However, I'm more interested in that kind of analysis - willing to back up an opinion with that kind of critique. Only two things can happen, he's right or he's wrong. But its a better listen than the defence that Redknapp gave to Havertz yesterday.

5 hours ago, growler said:

I’ll looking forward to having a genuine conductor. He won’t find the player. He’ll put the ball where the player needs to be.

Nicely put. 

There were a couple of passes he made very quickly on Sunday that really caught the front three on their toes. Mane, Bobby and Salah will need to up their concentration slightly as he moves the ball on so quickly.