By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Torres retires

Suarez had his share of disruptions too, albeit more self inflicted.

Three bans for biting and one for racism is just incredible when you think about it. I bet I could have got through a career with just half of that

Edited by sammy & a

Show your working out here re Suarez.

When I was at school, if the answer was wrong, it was wrong.

Now, if some of the working out is right, you get marks, even if the answer is wrong. Stoopid if you ask me.

Anyways, Kenny, Barnsey, Gerrard, Suarez, El Niño, Mo, Aldo, Souey et al, are all brilliant.

Just glad they got to represent my beloved reds.

We've had some great players.

Edited by Bogman

What's funny though is that he hardly ever misses a game through injury, and the only red card he has ever received in his career was for that handball during the world cup

he got sent off v Atletico Madrid a couple of seasons back

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 26/01/2021 at 19:03, sammy & a said:

f***ing ‘ell! What happened to my little blonde lad who made Marseille defenders forget the rules

Ha! That remains one of my favourite Torres moments. Don't recall a top defender getting quite so befuddled before - although I seem to recall him doing something similar to Dawson once.

As for the new body - those Reading s***houses wouldn't be trying anything on now, would they? TBF, that lighter-weight version of Torres gave as good as he got then - as well as scoring a hat-trick - so this one would cause carnage.

38 minutes ago, JRC said:

Ha! That remains one of my favourite Torres moments. Don't recall a top defender getting quite so befuddled before - although I seem to recall him doing something similar to Dawson once.

As for the new body - those Reading s***houses wouldn't be trying anything on now, would they? TBF, that lighter-weight version of Torres gave as good as he got then - as well as scoring a hat-trick - so this one would cause carnage.

I went to that game. With RP.

Seems like a lifetime away.

Edit, Reading not Marseiile.

Edited by Murphman

• 2 years later...
Just now, D.Boon said:

That period where Gerrard played just off Torres as a forward runner was crazy good. Both fabulous players at the height of their powers really enjoying their football.

Why on earth did we sign Keane?

Should have just got the wide players for when Benayoun wasn’t having a physics breaking 3 months.