By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

2022/2023 season

growler

12 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Think yesterday's game was some sort of a watershed

Either we get our fingers our and go on a run now to secure top 4, or it completely spirals and god knows where that would leave us 

That’s a positive attitude. It’s just this isn’t the first time this season we’ve played very poorly and lost to a s*** team and they seem to do nothing about it so it’s not unlikely that it would happen again. 

Edited by crouchinho

1 minute ago, crouchinho said:

That’s a positive attitude. It’s just this isn’t the first time this season we’ve played very poorly and lost to a s*** team and they seem so it’s not unlikely that it would happen again. 

Brentford aren't that s***. They're very well drilled and change tactics to suit opposition. They knew they can bully us and did. 

7 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Either we get our fingers our and go on a run now to secure top 4, or it completely spirals and god knows where that would leave us 

I would have liked to use this season to rebuild rather than drunkenly stagger through the season and then use next season to rebuild. I think everyone would be on board with aiming for 4th and bedding in a new midfield and forward line. 

As it is we are dragging out what needs to happen over many seasons and momentum is going. 

1 minute ago, Billy Talbot said:

It's not really a matter of if he agrees with him or not though is it? Lijnders is clearly allowed some say in transfers and that's part of Lijnders' job, as it is for everyone involved in the "committee". That he's managed to alienate some of the other actors in that isn't really Klopp's to deal with. That's structural. Clearly the coaching team are viewed by the recruitment stats guys as having too much power within that structure. 

But I would say Lijnders is in his job as Klopp wants him in the role. Id be astonished if Klopp didn't have the power to get rid of Ljinders if he deemed him to be the problem. If what you are saying is true, would suggest Klopp values Ljinders opinions as higher than that of Edwards and Ward. Someone within the committee must be 'in charge' or has a deciding vote where conflict exists. 

7 minutes ago, Flasher said:

Brentford aren't that s***. They're very well drilled and change tactics to suit opposition. They knew they can bully us and did. 

Perhaps. But they should never be able to embarrass us like that. I was just saying about the idea that this is some sort of last straw, that we have been here multiple times this season. I think the problem is bigger than something we can fix with a hearty chat. 

10 minutes ago, Martinus said:

But I would say Lijnders is in his job as Klopp wants him in the role. Id be astonished if Klopp didn't have the power to get rid of Ljinders if he deemed him to be the problem. If what you are saying is true, would suggest Klopp values Ljinders opinions as higher than that of Edwards and Ward. Someone within the committee must be 'in charge' or has a deciding vote where conflict exists. 

Beyond Lijnders being cited as a big reason why Edwards and Ward have left we don't know that committee works, who is "in charge" and if Klopp has anything to do with how that structure was built or operated. 

But yeah, when push comes to shove Lijnders is Klopp's assistant, so the buck stops with him, but beyond firing and replacing him, who knows?

And Lijnders doesn't have much to do with the medical team (?) which seems to be having the same problems.

Edited by Billy Talbot

32 minutes ago, jimbolala said:

1. We look passive in any game as opposed to the angry beast we were

2. Not one player has played anywhere their level this year

3. Salah has decided the line is his best buddy and can't leave him

4. VVD has decided he can't run nor tackle anymore

5. We play every game with at least 2 players not up to the job

6. No one seems to give a damn when things go astray on the pitch e.g Carvalho getting pushed over by City player and no one giving a s***

7. Not one sensible tactical change in any given match

8. Starting slowly every single f***ing game

Honestly could go on for a long time. These next few months will be make or break for us and Klopp. I don't know whether it's the players not listening or poor training but it needs to change dramatically. A si.ple tweak here and there isn't gonna fly.

This list is pretty much spot on. Number 6 is the most annoying for me, especially as this would never have happened in 2019 or 2020 and we've basically got the same players out there. Where's the fight?

7 minutes ago, Martinus said:

Klopp has the final say according to every report I've read.

The recruitment team were s***e til Klopp came. Rodgers fell out with them too.

If Klopp is happier to keep Ljinders than multiple recruitment staff maybe he thinks the quality of players they've been suggesting isn't as good as it was. He could always be persuaded to go for a class player over his target in the past, like Mane and Salah.

For me, I’m baffled that we’re STILL playing the same way after all the s*** games this season. It’s like they’re telling themselves it’ll come good again, just keep playing and it’ll happen.

How about we keep it tight for half an hour and give ourselves a fighting chance instead of having to comeback in games.

it’s either; lump it up to Nunez or hope we get a perfect cross from Trent or Robbo.

If you’re going to keep playing Elliott, change the system! He’s most effective in tight areas to play intricate passes. He’s no use with an acre of space to run into. Other teams know this too.

And why did we have to be s*** this season. The rare time that City aren’t firing on all cylinders and we’re not there to capitalise.

f*** off FSG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jay M said:

For me, I’m baffled that we’re STILL playing the same way after all the s*** games this season. It’s like they’re telling themselves it’ll come good again, just keep playing and it’ll happen.

How about we keep it tight for half an hour and give ourselves a fighting chance instead of having to comeback in games.

it’s either; lump it up to Nunez or hope we get a perfect cross from Trent or Robbo.

If you’re going to keep playing Elliott, change the system! He’s most effective in tight areas to play intricate passes. He’s no use with an acre of space to run into. Other teams know this too.

And why did we have to be s*** this season. The rare time that City aren’t firing on all cylinders and we’re not there to capitalise.

f*** off FSG

I think Nunez changes everything too. It's so so different to what we are used to yet the midfield and defence are the same. 

You know things are wrong when you are confused by what you are watching as it doesn't make sense. 

2 hours ago, Leo No.8 said:

I think the strange thing is that we still have good players but look very disjointed and have completely lost our identity. We aren’t a Jurgen Klopp team anymore, lacking intensity and physicality.

Before Jurgen’s teams were always more than the sum of their parts. It seems blindingly obvious that the major issue is that our midfield is far too slow and ageing to play with high intensity.

But most of us have seen that coming for years whilst the club and Jurgen appear to not view it as a priority, it’s hard to get your head around.

Sigjing one midfielder in 4 years, retaining players who are rarely fit and failing, and plugging in young players who aren’t really out and out midfielders and are physically not ready all points to that message.

I really like Gakpo but once again we e signed a forward and neglected midfield. Jota, Diaz, Nunez and now him signed for a total of well over £200m and not a penny spent on midfield in that time.

It’s a strange time to be honest, Jurgen has been almost faultless up until recently but he seems to have a massive midfield blind spot that is hampering us more and more. We still haven’t replaced Wijnaldum.

The midfield blind spot thing is even weirder in the context of bringing in Arthur - who's clearly way below the standard required.

There was a recognition we needed another midfielder but it was Arthur they brought in - presumably as they'd left it too late to sign someone else. Why did they leave it too late tho? No one else in mind other than Bellingham or Tchouameni - ffs that's poor. 

Having decided to get another body in for the midfield (maybe belatedly), surely they could have done better than Arthur. 

1 minute ago, Tommok said:

The midfield blind spot thing is even weirder in the context of bringing in Arthur - who's clearly way below the standard required.

There was a recognition we needed another midfielder but it was Arthur they brought in - presumably as they'd left it too late to sign someone else. Why did they leave it too late tho? No one else in mind other than Bellingham or Tchouameni - ffs that's poor. 

Having decided to get another body in for the midfield (maybe belatedly), surely they could have done better than Arthur. 

The Arthur signing is the biggest sign of an internal mess I’ve ever known at the club, since Hodgson anyway.

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, Hassony said:

It's about the 5th watershed this season.

We are completely broken and it will take numerous transfer windows to even have a chance of putting it right.

1 minute ago, Jarg Armani said:

The Arthur signing is the biggest sign of an internal mess I’ve ever known at the club, since Hodgson anyway.

Yeah it's baffling - the whole midfield issue is and then the Arthur element just adds another level of "Wtf?" to it all. 

3 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

Is it even any worse than Kabak/Davies?

I'm not sure.

Which on the whole makes it all even worse.

At least with Kabak and Davies they could plead necessity due to injuries.

The midfield has needed addressing for 18 months at least.

1 minute ago, Tommok said:

Yeah it's baffling - the whole midfield issue is and then the Arthur element just adds another level of "Wtf?" to it all. 

It sent some serious shockwaves. I’m pretty convinced that a few people in the ‘everything’s fine’ transfer window community decided to have a little break from the football internet once Klopp spoke out and then we ended up with Arthur. There was no sugar coating that one.

39 minutes ago, Jay M said:

City weren't firing on all cylinders last season either. This is season 2 of their rebuild. We were just sh*t as well, for basically no reason in the first half of last season. Trent's little midfield adventures.

Yeah, the midfield thing is utterly unfathomable. It's obvious that we need and have needed specific reinforcement there and yet window after window, it's not been addressed, despite a series of suitable players being seriously linked. 

Someone isn't doing their job correctly or there's no-one doing the job. Klopp must know that we need players there despite his public proclamations and if Lijnders has managed to scupper recruitment there then that's a systemic failure.  

17 minutes ago, kop205 said:

It's about the 5th watershed this season.

We are completely broken and it will take numerous transfer windows to even have a chance of putting it right.

Yup and failure to build on success over the years, especially after Madrid has come back to bite us... We all saw it coming too which makes it even more f***ing annoying. 

FSG probably thought 'well they are good enough to win the league/CL then why bother buying more? 

Which would be insane for an experienced sports team investor 

They have one eye on buying some basketball team apparently... Sooner they sell us to buy them the better. 

Just now, PaulMcC186 said:

It seems like a place you can get really good youngsters for cheap. Alvarez and Fernandez both look brilliant and went for £20m and £10m.

It is then you’ve Madrid getting Rodrygo, Vinicius and Endryck from Brazilian football. 
It’s the new next level place to recruit. 

13 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

I rumours rumours Ward, and Edwards before him, wouldn't buy straight from South America.

They’d need EU passports in the past, but I’d imagine that nowadays getting a work permit would be even harder with Brexit?

Spanish and Portuguese leagues don’t have that problem.