By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

2022/2023 season

growler

11 hours ago, Martinus said:

They are riddled with so many average players. Would be up there with Leicester If they do it. Ramsdale, White, Gabriel, Xhaka, Nketieh, Zinchenko. None of them would start for us. 

Xhaka would start for us today if he was here. Sure Xhaka had a rough couple of first years but looking at him now he’s matured and running things. Partey has been great for them from day one. Add Ødegaard and you have a fantastic midfield. The rest you mentioned are s***e but Xhaka is a top level player even if he has that c*** streak in him. 

Edited by crouchinho

Arsenal have barely played any hard fixtures. 

https://www.arsenal.com/results-and-fixtures-list

Their hardest has been us at the Emirates, which they could have easily lost. They lost away at Old Trafford in their other stiffest fixture. Won away at underperforming Chelsea and won their home North London Derby. 

Most of their numbers are padded out by beating the likes of Brentford and Forest. Which we didn't do TBF, but its not like they're pulling up trees. 

22 minutes ago, Billy Talbot said:

Their hardest has been us at the Emirates, which they could have easily lost. They lost away at Old Trafford in their other stiffest fixture. Won away at underperforming Chelsea and won their home North London Derby. 

Most of their numbers are padded out by beating the likes of Brentford and Forest. Which we didn't do TBF, but its not like they're pulling up trees. 

I get your point but if that was us I’d think we were winning the league. I’d love us to pad out our points by rolling over the likes of Forest and Brentford tonight. Fingers crossed. 

25 minutes ago, Billy Talbot said:

Or they've played 4 games against the top 6 and won 3 of them. Winning 14 of 16 is hard to better. I doubt many teams have. 

They might f*** up from now on but they've been brilliant so far.

23 minutes ago, Billy Talbot said:

I don’t know which game against Arsenal you watched but we couldn’t get near them for the last 30.

Plus you can’t say they haven’t had and won tough games apart from the tough games they have had and won. And they’re not cheating by winning the games they are meant to win. People are talking about us not beating Forest and Leeds as if it was some deus ex machina as opposed to us just performing at our level for this season.

Anyway, I hope they collapse and City are shyte and we perform at a level we haven’t so far and win the league. Outside of that happening, I couldn’t give a f***. Utd and Everton aren’t going to win it and that is where my non Liverpool interest ends.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Romario said:

I get your point but if that was us I’d think we were winning the league. I’d love us to pad out our points by rolling over the likes of Forest and Brentford tonight. Fingers crossed. 

Yeah, I would too. But that would be us, not them ;) 

Their fixtures have been really kind so far. Their payback starts in mid-Jan with Spurs away followed by the mancs. They've got a soft March but other than that their fixtures don't really relent. 9/10 of their last games are all vs teams either right in the relegation fight or against us, Chelsea, Man city, who they've still yet to play. All three of those are away games. 

4 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

I don’t know which game against Arsenal you watched but we couldn’t get near them for the last 30.

I watched the one where we had a stonewall pen not given and they won with one of the softest you'll ever see.

I'm not saying they don't deserve to be where they are BTW, they do, but they've had some generous slices of good luck and a kind fixture list, so they should be right up there. I think it's fair to expect some luck to even out and the fixture list definitely will. 

Edited by Billy Talbot

39 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

Plus you can’t say they haven’t had and won tough games apart from the tough games they have had and won. And they’re not cheating by winning the games they are meant to win. People are talking about us not beating Forest and Leeds as if it was some deus ex machina as opposed to us just performing at our level for this season.

Anyway, I hope they collapse and City are shyte and we perform at a level we haven’t so far and win the league. Outside of that happening, I couldn’t give a f***. Utd and Everton aren’t going to win it and that is where my non Liverpool interest ends.

Do you reckon they’ve had any tough away games? I reckon they’ve had 2, 3 including Brentford. 

1 hour ago, Jarg Armani said:

Do you reckon they’ve had any tough away games? I reckon they’ve had 2, 3 including Brentford. 

I think that they have made light work of games that would have seen us look like we were running with survival packs. 

Ultimately, if you only drop points in 2 games out of 16 and go 7 clear then I think you are looking at people below you going on about these future fixtures and wondering why they have nothing else to do.

3 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

How many tough away games are there? For us they're all hard given we've only won 2 out of 7.

Yes we have been garbage, this is the main problem. 

Tough away games: United, Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Spurs, West Ham, Newcastle, Brentford, Brighton. Everton if you’re us.

48 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

I think that they have made light work of games that would have seen us look like we were running with survival packs. 

Ultimately, if you only drop points in 2 games out of 16 and go 7 clear then I think you are looking at people below you going on about these future fixtures and wondering why they have nothing else to do.

I dunno. My money is them losing twice to city and then wondering why when they were going so well they’re not ahead, whilst running into a wall of much harder fixtures. 

Edited by Billy Talbot

18 minutes ago, Billy Talbot said:

I dunno. My money is them losing twice to city and then wondering why when they were going so well they’re not ahead, whilst running into a wall of much harder fixtures. 

Yeah exactly. Their only hope is City keep stuttering and eventually give up. That would be really annoying to Liverpool so it’s a possibility 🙂

1 hour ago, sammy & a said:

Yeah I think that's fair and there's deffo been times when other fans have been using similar logic about us and I've found it laughable.

It's possible to recognise their impressive start and think that City will finish above them without too much trouble mind. That's where I am

We need to stop talking about catching Arsenal and City.

We need to stop waiting for Newcastle and the Mancs to dip. 

We need to only look to rebuild for next season by getting THIS and the summer transfer window spot on. 

• Like 1