By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

2022/2023 season

growler

Thought Elliot and Henderson both were awful and nothing went right. Was amazed they lasted out. We just need the numbers game in midfield because with young players have peaks and plateaus while with the old lads they can’t do two games in a week.

Major pluses are Virgil and Trent. Look like themselves now.

1 minute ago, Jay M said:

I thought Elliott was more of a problem than Ox last night. Ox has the excuse of not seeing much of the ball and actually contributed to the second OG. Elliott is just too slow for how we want to play.

I’ve not really seen Gakpo play but I can imagine he’ll be licking his lips at the thought of getting some of the chances we had. I’d throw him in on Monday.

Elliott was poor last night but he needs much better support in midfield whilst he's still building up his experience. Thiago was a one man midfield for the entire game. Hendo was shocking. 

He is getting a bit better, form wise. I still hate watching him to be honest, he can’t pass it or stand where he should stand most of the time.

Ox this is. There was a bit last night where Darwin did 3 massive shuttle runs by the touchline trying to win it back after a high ball, ox was just nearby, barely jogging. Annoying.

Edited by Jarg Armani

Henderson playing in the middle was a reminder of why we bought Fabinho.  He was back to carrying around a telly under each arm and booting it the way he was facing.  

Nunez is like firing an elastic band at someone.  Even if it misses they jump the height of themselves.

3 hours ago, sammy & a said:

Yeah. But I wonder if there is a plan around Diaz to make him one of the midfield three. Gakpo will probably score and assist more and Diaz can carry the ball through midfield.

Don’t worry. We will never have everyone fit at the same time. As long as they are versatile we will use them to fill gaps. 

As much as I hate City and everything they stand for I can't bare Arsenal winning the title for many reasons but the main one being thier fans have been the most critical of Klopps achievements in finishing 2nd to City. For them to basically win it at the first proper attempt with the team they have. (Not great) Would be horrendous. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As long as it's not United I'm not arsed. City, as a club, have been repulsive for many years; that is far more annoying and difficult to digest than any nonsense online Arsenal fans may post on the internet if I'm honest.

Anyway, if we'd beaten both Leeds and Forest we'd been in the f***ing mix.

Edited by Dan

50 minutes ago, Martinus said:

As much as I hate City and everything they stand for I can't bare Arsenal winning the title for many reasons but the main one being thier fans have been the most critical of Klopps achievements in finishing 2nd to City. For them to basically win it at the first proper attempt with the team they have. (Not great) Would be horrendous. 

All football fans are c*nts, don’t worry about it. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

There'd be something quite amusing about City buying "the best striker in the world" and not winning anything this season. 

Arsenal look like a proper title contender. 

Their "inevitable collapse" needs to hurry up and come along if we're to catch them. 

7 minutes ago, Dan said:

As long as it's not United I'm not arsed. City, as a club, have been repulsive for many years; that is far more annoying and difficult to digest than any nonsense online Arsenal fans may post on the internet if I'm honest.

More personal for me. Father, brother in law. Arsenal fans. 

19 minutes ago, Dan said:

But those results didn’t really look like happening. We didn’t even draw them. These weren’t coin tosses and were reflective of the exact reasons why we aren’t close.

18 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

All football fans are c*nts, don’t worry about it. 

Ha!

Maybe Arsenal fans will be aghast at anyone who might not care who wins out of them and City because a win for Arsenal is a win for football.

1 minute ago, sammy & a said:

But those results didn’t really look like happening. We didn’t even draw them. These weren’t coin tosses and were reflective of the exact reasons why we aren’t close.

They were the two worst teams we've played this season (bar Bournemouth I guess). Both in horrific form. We should be have beaten them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

They were the two worst teams we've played this season (bar Bournemouth I guess). Both in horrific form. We should be have beaten them.

Yeah but you’re saying if we beat them, we would be in a title race. I am saying we didn’t beat them as the title has nothing to do with us. The results were no mad aberration.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Dan said:

We were in decent form as well, beating city,  Napoli and Spurs around the same time as these two defeats 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

Yeah but you’re saying if we beat them, we would be in a title race. I am saying we didn’t beat them as the title has nothing to do with us. The results were no mad aberration.

I was thinking top four with a puncher's chance of a title challenge.

1 hour ago, Martinus said:

I want Arsenal to win the league. We've no chance and I can tolerate them more than anyone else in the top 6.

1 minute ago, sammy & a said:

It what sense?

Are you citing that we missed some presentable chances?

In the sense that we should be winning those matches, the 11 we managed to get on the pitch was very disjointed but we had more than enough chances to win both. Virg should have got 3 on his own at the city ground.

Leeds the same, we got suckered.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tommok said:

There'd be something quite amusing about City buying "the best striker in the world" and not winning anything this season. 

Arsenal look like a proper title contender. 

Their "inevitable collapse" needs to hurry up and come along if we're to catch them. 

The collapse can’t start before everyone including them expects them to actually win the bloody thing. Then they will fold.