By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Gerard Houllier

Tosh

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houllier didn’t make Liverpool great again

He had Owen and Gerrard and carragher delivered to him on a plate and after a couple of great signings in 99 failed to identify the right players to bring in and failed to really achieve a way of playing that could take us to the next level

He did some good things and 2001 was memorable but we had fallen a long way behind Utd and Arsenal by 2004

You must have grimaced through 2001. f***ing clueless. One of our greatest seasons.

Remember after we beat them at Anfield hom giving it the 'He's a good tenant, he keeps the place tidy' patronising, unfunny s**** the shiny toothed prick.

Lots to chuck at Rodgers, that doesn't even register.

You must have grimaced through 2001. f***ing clueless. One of our greatest seasons.

Lots to chuck at Rodgers, that doesn't even register.

We were talking about former managers being c**** about their successors.

Plus I despise him so happy to use whatever.

Edited by kop205

This is nonsense btw

You dont think Houiller left a solid base that Rafa built on? We could have been in a deep, deep Curbishley shaped hole.

Remember after we beat them at Anfield hom giving it the 'He's a good tenant, he keeps the place tidy' patronising, unfunny s**** the shiny toothed prick.

Jesus. He made a gentle joke. I dont get the Rodgers hate. People should use that hatred for Hodgson. Rodgers delivered some properly special days. Very few seasons in the last 30 that compare with the one he gave us.

I don't hate Rodgers, 2014 was amazing, He's a bit of a div but I don't hate him

This

You dont think Houiller left a solid base that Rafa built on? We could have been in a deep, deep Curbishley shaped hole.

Jesus. He made a gentle joke. I dont get the Rodgers hate. People should use that hatred for Hodgson. Rodgers delivered some properly special days. Very few seasons in the last 30 that compare with the one he gave us.

This

Reckon that's right. We were one or two more bad seasons away from being Leeds ffs.

This

Jebus f***ing christ - there's a parallel universe where this happened. Poor us in that one

2001 was a mental season. It was one hell of a rollercoaster ride. As a fan one of the best seasons I've experienced supporting this club.

Winning the league cup final on penalties

Winning the FA Cup Final after being battered by Arsenal for the best part of 60 mins. Owen's winner was incredible.

Winning the UEFA Cup Final 5-4 after extra time by a golden goal.

Of course Gary Mac Derby winner in the last minute from 40 yards. We all thought he was going far post on Sami's head but he tricked us all. That was the goal that season I celebrated the most because of how important it was at the time. It gave us more believe to go on and win those trophies.

I'm not being entirely serious like, but there was defo a poor attempt at some 'Remember I was here first' wannabe alpha male b******s in his comment.

It is ok to think that 2014 was really exciting whilst also thinking that most of what went either side shows that Rodgers is a bit of a bellend.

Even at the time, my view of Rodgers was “if he wins us the league then he’s a legend, but I don’t like him”.

I started to wonder whether we’d just been lucky having likeable managers, and maybe for most clubs you just accept the on-pitch performances and don’t worry about the personality of the boss.

Rodgers had lots of flaws and some of them directly impacted us as a club.

Don't hate him though. 13/14 was as much fun as any season we've had. Hope he's wholly successful with Leicester as long as its not at our expense. Hard to like him though.

Edited by Kid Klopp

Rodgers had lots of flaws and some of them directly impacted us as a club.

Don't hate him though. 13/14 was as much fun as any season we've had. Hope he's wholly successful with Leicester as long as its not at our expense. Hard to like him though.

Rodgers was fine at the time. He was very lucky to get the job and he took us as far as he could.

The only Liverpool manager I have ever despised is Hodgson. He could have taken us out of the PL.

Hollier was a decent guy and made us relevant again. I wonder what would have happened had he not suffered the health issues.

Rodgers was fine at the time. He was very lucky to get the job and he took us as far as he could.

The only Liverpool manager I have ever despised is Hodgson. He could have taken us out of the PL.

Hollier was a decent guy and made us relevant again. I wonder what would have happened had he not suffered the health issues.

I couldn't listen to an interview he did at the time. I don't hate him but never thought he should have had the job and defo didnt like him. Hodgson on the other hand I really cant stand

Hodgson didn’t happen. I’m in denial

13/14 was an awesome season and we played some great stuff under Rodgers. Couldn’t hear him talk though. He just sounded swarmy.

Houllier was solid. He won stuff, updated the facilities and brought us back to relevance and genuinely loved the club.

Rafa was amazing. So clinical. Under rated. He was a fsg manager for us.

Klopp tops the lot in my lifetime as an adult.

Hodgson was never a Liverpool type of manager, Houllier was good manager but should never have subbed Hamman for Smicer against Levekusen.  Rodgers, was out of his depth, got the job to early and rode his luck.  If he had beaten Hull away or Southampton at home, we would have been champions.

Hodgson was never a Liverpool type of manager, Houllier was good manager but should never have subbed Hamman for Smicer against Levekusen.  Rodgers, was out of his depth, got the job to early and rode his luck.  If he had beaten Hull away or Southampton at home, we would have been champions.

He got the team playing the best it had in years, it wasnt luck. Picking out a couple of results like that is crazy, what about last season?

I remember really disliking Houllier by the end. His interviews and excuses after more dreadful football and results really annoyed me.

It dissipated once he left, though. And 2001 was brilliant. Interesting listening to Owen on Carra's podcast, saying Istanbul has dampened just how great that treble was a little.

Never took to Rodgers, either. Always found him insincere and eggy. And full of himself. 

Edited by Swipe