Sign in to follow this  
Nathan Explosion

Champions League draw - August 29th

I don’t get how Italy get away with being called a European heavy weight. Don’t see any difference to French or Dutch league. Have history but shouldn’t have 4 teams now.

they once were

I suppose they've had 7 finalists in 17 seasons, France have had 1 & Holland 0 in that time

they have consistently had finalists every few years since the early 80s. But I know what you mean - they're the best of the rest, by a long way

In fact - every final bar 1 - has had 2 of the 4 nations above in a final since the 1997 one

Italy have one top class team that always gets into the knock outs and the rest are poor. So I guess Juve pretty much maintain their status single handedly now?

It’s a shame how far the Milan clubs have fallen, having grown up with them being such brilliant teams.

Edited by Leo No.8

Even looking at final 4 or 8 provides a presence. Just seems like Italy trying and pushing desperately for relevance. The push for European league, 4 cl spots etc will come from them.

Based on old coefficient rating they would have 2 teams and 1 qualifier.

what time is this happening? I thought it was always late morning before all the old farts at UEFA have an enormous boozy luncheon that goes on for the rest of the day?

what time is this happening? I thought it was always late morning before all the old farts at UEFA have an enormous boozy luncheon that goes on for the rest of the day?

5pm start

Used to be early when it was on the Friday and the Super Cup was in the evening but they changed that a few years ago.

think I'd like Real just to batter Ramos but in reality - Ajax from pot 2 (it's mad, they had to go through qualifiers and then end up in pot 2), Salzburg from pot 3 & Atalanta from pot 4. Or Genk