By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome James Milner

drdooom

I've got my doubts about the wisdom of this signing but hopefully I'm proved wrong.

This points to us reverting to a flat back four with either a diamond or a 3 in midfield. Henderson and Milner either side of a holding midfielder, either Lucas or a new signing.

I've got my doubts about the wisdom of this signing but hopefully I'm proved wrong.

This points to us reverting to a flat back four with either a diamond or a 3 in midfield. Henderson and Milner either side of a holding midfielder, either Lucas or a new signing.

He's quality and he's free. More money for forwards.

He is getting a good salary and presumably a signing-on fee.

As free as can be. Obviously he's not playing for free. He's better than 3/4s of the players we've signed for big fees over the lasts 5 years.

This season we shouldn't be concerned with the top class holding mid. Keep Lucas and in the easier games i think a midfield three of Henderson, Milner and Coutinho should suffice. Give Can some games in midfield, allow him time to develop

The top class defensive midfielder is required for and afforded by CL football.

With the right players available we're now capable of switching to a back three and changing the dynamic during matches or for easier fixtures. However, more players are better suited by a midfield diamond or three

I'm made up with this signing.

Wanted him for years.

I think its a very good signing too. If Rodgers wants to get back to a high tempo, pressing game then himself and Henderson can do that and Coutinho and Allen are also well capable (though all 4 wont play at the same time you would imagine).

The german fitness coaches worked out that due to the kilometres per game their players were achieving at the world cup compared to opponents, it was almost like they had an extra man on the pitch (actually from 50 - 75% of a man). They saw it as a key factor in their success (though having dead good players was presumably part of it as well). Milner covered the 3rd most per game last season. Add Hendo to that and we'll have a midfield which won't let up.