By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Alberto Moreno

Ombudsam

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm scared to look in the match thread for thoughts on how he did. Not as assured a debut as Manquillo.

I really liked what I saw.

Brainfart for the first goal that we won't want to see again, but you can see he has real quality and will improve our player down the left immensely.

him covering up when Dzko went through was very impressive as well

That was a good bit.

I liked almost everything I saw last night. Was quick, comfortable in possession and played well. The mistake he made will teach him an instant lesson about this league as well and hopefully will mean it's unlikely to happen again

tough baptism for him, next to a new centre half and coutinho expected to cover zabaleta in front of him. looks honest and spirited in his defending more than really smart. and of course pace will help. going to have a lot more high balls to deal with i expect, which could be sticky.

link up with markovic when he came on was encouraging.

Seemed to be ok when he came back on and was not limping.

Left stadium on crutches I think I heard. Know from recent experience you can finish a game with damaged ligaments, but barely be able to walk hours later and for the next day or two, not be able to run for a week or more, and not be right for several weeks.

Left stadium on crutches I think I heard. Know from recent experience you can finish a game with damaged ligaments, but barely be able to walk hours later and for the next day or two, not be able to run for a week or more, and not be right for several weeks.

Yep I think its the last we will see of him for some time.

I thought he looked very good last night apart from a few lapses in concentration. Think giving him his debut in that game was a really big ask. Hopefully the injury isn't too serious and he is back playing soon. Think he and Manquillo could be a very good FB partnership over the years with Flanno giving them some competition.

Yep. I've done my ankles playing footy and have more than once played on and finished games, only to spend weeks on crutches after. Though both times I've done it really bad, I've gone out on the piss straight after the game, which again, isn't the best for a quick recovery.

That said, if he is going to be out for a few weeks, The 10 mins or so at the end won't really make much difference.

not uncommon in spain. busquets has 'sergio b.' on back of his shirt. garcia had luis garcia on back of his. not sure why, like? might have something to do with how spanish carry both parents surnames. although that still doesn't make sense really. could just be a pseudo-brazilian thing. suso's name isn't suso.

Edited by yellow jumper

Clearly the most important issue to clear up ... why does he have "ALERTO M." on the back of his shirt (as opposed to "MORENO")?

it's because we already have luis alberto in our squad, you can't have two albertos in the team