By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

TV shows (but not GoT)

crisps

42 minutes ago, charlie clown said:

Yeah, the amount of BBC propaganda is usually in inverse proportion to the actual quality. LoD has been gradually getting sillier and sillier season by season, the amount of self-congratulatory publicity has risen accordingly.

It's brilliantly watchable but has got dafter every time. I think Mercurio is phoning it in to an extent now. 

It is very daft.  More so in the later series.  Mercurio's stuff generally is - Bodyguard was ridiculous.

2 hours ago, charlie clown said:

Yeah, the amount of BBC propaganda is usually in inverse proportion to the actual quality. LoD has been gradually getting sillier and sillier season by season, the amount of self-congratulatory publicity has risen accordingly.

The kind of people who love it when brands tweet each other absolutely love all that #whoish stuff.

Edited by cymrococh

1 hour ago, Redwire said:

It is very daft.  More so in the later series.  Mercurio's stuff generally is - Bodyguard was ridiculous.

His earlier stuff, Cardiac Arrest and Bodies were much better and more realistic. In unrelated news, Jed Mercurio used to be a doctor.

16 minutes ago, Bailo said:

His earlier stuff, Cardiac Arrest and Bodies were much better and more realistic. In unrelated news, Jed Mercurio used to be a doctor.

Yes, they were less daft.  I've just noticed that Bodies is on iPlayer, might give it a rewatch.

He was still a doctor I think when he wrote Cardiac Arrest.  Put it out under a pseudonym.

11 hours ago, Hassony said:

Just make sure you stop at the end of season 3 

I reckon this is the advice for any TV show

10 hours ago, cymrococh said:

Is Modern Family any good?

Decent. Pretty people doing daft things. Gets repetitive.

Challenger: The Final Flight - Netflix 4 part docuseries. Its all based on footage of the time and interviews today with people involved in the decision making. I had seen plenty of "Discovery Channel" programs on it, so little new information came through for me except, I never knew about the Rogers Commission and the physicist Richard Feynman.

Looking into it more, I did stumble across a 2013 film call the Challenge Disaster and that is all dramatisation of the Rogers Commission with Willam Hurt playing Richard Feynman (cast also includes Brian Dennehy and Bruce Greenwood). Its not on netflix but the full film is on youtube and I watched it on that - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT7Yx5kxYco

Tried to get into Falcon and Winter Soldier and yeah, it's early days. But I have a bit of a hatred for Captain America to be honest. The character pisses me off and so anything directly connected with him suffers as a result in my opinion. Will stick it out. 

21 hours ago, Redwire said:

The BBC announcer already had to clarify one term, CHIS, after fans mistook it for a rude word.

As the credits rolled at the end of the episode, the voice-over said: "CHIS, if you're wondering, is a covert human intelligence source."

It came after several viewers pointed out that the pronunciation of CHIS actually sounded a lot like 'jizz'.

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Is Disney+ worth getting? It would be for TV shows rather than films. Are there any decent ones for kids aged 9-12?

Yeah, plenty of stuff on it, definitely worth trying it for a month 

• Like 1