By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Ibrahima Konate

Gethin

Just like what happened with Keita, when I heard we were interested in him I started to watch the Leipzig games. I was impressed with him right away. Much better than his partner in the back four. He’s tall, fast, and great with the ball at his feet. If he stays fit, and he does have injury issues, we’ve nailed a real gem.

On 09/07/2021 at 02:21, Hassony said:

Love it, but I thought at first Konate was the guy driving the car and it worried me that he had put on some weight over the summer 

Me too, I didn't come out of panic mode until the lad put the bag down at his feet!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did okay, a bit clumsy but more vocal then Matip etc. 

Was lucky not to give away a penalty & get a red card at one point. Would have been harsh but some attackers (Ronaldo, Richarlison) would have gone down and some refs (Taylor, Coote) would have given it. 

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Cam said:

Did okay, a bit clumsy but more vocal then Matip etc. 

Was lucky not to give away a penalty & get a red card at one point. Would have been harsh but some attackers (Ronaldo, Richarlison) would have gone down and some refs (Taylor, Coote) would have given it. 

Pen and red card, when was this?

37 minutes ago, Farmer's Tan said:

Pen and red card, when was this?

Late(ish) on, a forward was through with just Konate to get past then one-on-one with Alisson. 

Looks utterly innocuous from the TV angle but sitting in the line of sight behind the incident we all agreed he got away with it. Just swinging his legs and pawing at the forward. No biggie though. 

11 minutes ago, Cam said:

Late(ish) on, a forward was through with just Konate to get past then one-on-one with Alisson. 

Looks utterly innocuous from the TV angle but sitting in the line of sight behind the incident we all agreed he got away with it. Just swinging his legs and pawing at the forward. No biggie though. 

It was Edouard and I think you're talking nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cam said:

i remember once or twice he looked like he was caught out of position, earlier against Benteke and later against Edouard but he didnt foul, put his foot in and partially blocked the shot and Allison saved from there, honestly, i didnt think it was a foul, even for a second.

• Like 1