By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Liverpool FC v Man Utd Sunday 17th Jan 16:30 Sky Sports

Stanley Leisure

16 minutes ago, Bailo said:

We're not playing well, at all, and that's the #1 problem but we're in a rut where no balls are dropping for us kindly, in the box or anywhere else and refs have decided the narrative is we dive.

It fell lovely for Bobby today a couple of times... just needed to put his foot through it, but he bobbled it to DeGea with one and was wild with the other 

3 minutes ago, Ibby said:

Everything is at a snails pace. Need to pass it quicker in midfield and get it to mo or sadio much sooner so they have some frigging grass to run into

That has been driving me mad for weeks, the amount of times space opens up and we play it safe or back across midfield. Giving our opponents ample time to get back and make our task even harder. 

Also I know it's been discussed multiple times, but Trents output is so far down that he might as well not be on the pitch, I'm not sure how many assists he got last season, but I think he's only got one or two so far? One of those was a five yard pass to Hendo v Palace. 

Our shooting is abysmal, too many matches where players have tried to work the ball onto their favourite foot rather than just t*** one and hope,  in the first 5 mins a ball is played to shaq who instead of choosing to shoot with his right, opts to cut back onto left and then he thumps it into the a*** of a united defender. 

Robbo gets played in five mins later and does what robbo does when played in, wellies it 20 yards over the cross bar, just keep it low and hard, it might get deflected in, might land at mane's foot. 

gini got played in and managed to turn his back to goal and play it back out of the penalty area.

Salah always tried to work it onto his left rather than just toe poke it with his right.  

Less said about bobbys efforts during the game the better. 

41 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

Salah keeps passing it backwards. I don't know what's wrong with him. So slow and risk averse.

Still top scorer in the league.

I can't figure his slump out though, the two he scored against Palace were like when he first joined.

27 minutes ago, mofus77 said:

Still top scorer in the league.

I can't figure his slump out though, the two he scored against Palace were like when he first joined.

He used to have the beating of the best players in the world. No one could handle him... Luke Shaw has had a man of the match performance against him today but in all honesty Mo made it bloody easy for him. 

No idea why. You would think Mane and Mo at least would relish games against Shaw and Lindelof especially... But no, they looked utterly clueless against them 

He’s kinda stopped running at people and on the rare occasions he does, the ball isn’t sticking to his feet. He hasn’t bamboozled anyone in a long time. 

He and Mané are also getting extremely tightly marked (and fouled) and with Bobby offering nothing atm, there’s no outlet. 

Edited by Stanley Leisure

2 hours ago, Bailo said:

We're not playing well, at all, and that's the #1 problem but we're in a rut where no balls are dropping for us kindly, in the box or anywhere else and refs have decided the narrative is we dive.

Yep. Man Utd have scored a couple of crucial deflected winners recently, and obviously got their dodgy pens too.  I can't remember the ball falling kindly for us in the area the last few games, and we've obviously got nothing from refs. 

1 hour ago, Hus said:

Seems the refs have given everyone licence to foul them, it's ridiculous and has been going on for weeks. 

Edit: Mo and Mane

true, plus i think we play into their hands playing same formation every week.  

i'd go salah and mane up top, for some away fixtures, and stick an extra body in midfield, 60 mins of keita before he hobbles off, 20 mins off ox before he hobbles off, 10mins of mini.   

5 hours ago, Stanley Leisure said:

He’s kinda stopped running at people and on the rare occasions he does, the ball isn’t sticking to his feet. He hasn’t bamboozled anyone in a long time. 

He and Mané are also getting extremely tightly marked (and fouled) and with Bobby offering nothing atm, there’s no outlet. 

Massive gap between our midfield and front three, who are also playing too flat and not dropping deeper to get the ball. Means we end up twatting long balls too often and they end up playing with their backs to goal and a defender on them straight away.

It’s the system, and flat midfield affecting them. They’re trying to adapt whilst out of form. Everything has changed from the position of the fullbacks, to the press from midfield, the balls out from the back. On top of that there’s some players in horrible form