By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Liverpool vs Sheff Utd, Sat 24 Oct 20.00h - Premier League

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

The ref went to look at the monitor in the Fulham vs Palace game and changed the initial yellow card for a foul to a red.

Refs should deffo should go to the monitor more often and be told to do so by the VAR team to do so.

The main thing is the VAR team need to be more accountable - mic'ed up to explain decisions.

1 hour ago, Maldini said:

It's a full on crisis in football now isn't it, the integrity of the sport is at risk. Nobody's going to keep watching if every game is decided by the whims of some unaccountable lad in an office somewhere instead of the players on the pitch. 

I particularly like it when, 4 seconds after an incident, the commentator states that it has already been checked by VAR

Like, get f***ing real. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Earl Hafler said:

I'd say Hendo will be rested.

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s out injured to be honest. It looked like one of their players (unintentionally) raked down his Achilles coming down from a header.

Edited by Stevie

7 hours ago, Leo No.8 said:

I think any major decisions outside of offside the match ref should go to the monitor - they literally barely ever do it  and I have no idea why. I still wouldn’t have agreed with it, but if Dean had gone to the monitor and stuck with his decision I could accept it slightly more easily. They could not be doing a worse job of using the technology, it’s a shambles. Heads should roll.

What was his original decision? I thought he'd given a penalty initially, then it seemed like they were setting up for a free kick.

Edited by kop205

30 minutes ago, McBain said:

It shouldn't be forgotten they actually were screwed by the ref as well. 

They had a pen not given or referred after getting the luck earlier a

The Berge one? He dived over Jota's legs to look as if he had been tripped. Was never a pen

17 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

What did people think made it not a penalty? Cos I watched with four others and no one thought anything other than foul and penalty. Thought he went through him to get the ball and McBurnie’s foot looked on the line too. First replay I saw I thought we were in big trouble. 

The least surprising post in forum history.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

What did people think made it not a penalty? Cos I watched with four others and no one thought anything other than foul and penalty. Thought he went through him to get the ball and McBurnie’s foot looked on the line too. First replay I saw I thought we were in big trouble. 

Fab got the ball and the lads foot if it was touching the line at impact you would need a bloody microscope to see it.

Absolute farce of a decision.

6 minutes ago, Ibby said:

Fab got the ball and the lads foot if it was touching the line at impact you would need a bloody microscope to see it.

Absolute farce of a decision.

Yeah, they should never be giving a pen in those situations and  particularly when they're allowing Maguire to grapple players to the floor. 

There's no way there aren't superior officials available. 

11 minutes ago, Ibby said:

To stop VAR collapsing they just need VAR to raise it as a check for the ref to go to the screen so the ref on the pitch makes all the decisions.

There is nothing wrong with VAR that wouldn't be fixed just by having people watching the screens who know the laws of the game and can apply them correctly.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kop205 said:

There is nothing wrong with VAR that wouldn't be fixed just by having people watching the screens who know the laws of the game and can apply them correctly.

This is literally it. Don’t have it be operated by the s*** refs it’s been brought in to cover for. 

26 minutes ago, kop205 said:

If Mane's goal last week was VAR applying the laws properly then it can f*** off.