Sign in to follow this  
Bootser

So Sterling and Gomez.....

i'm surprised it's the first time he's noticed we give him s*** - but the idea that the grief we give him is the reason for him having a go at an England team-mate a day later is bolllocks

That's not what Rose said. Even if that was what he said (which again, it wasn't), it wouldn't be inconsistent with human behaviour to be pissed off about something and then have a reaction a bit later to something either loosely linked or perhaps not linked at all. Especially at 24.

I think Southgate and the squad have made the right decision about this overall, storm in a teacup that it is.

It's completely contradictory isn't it?

Raheem just gets on with it, but Liverpool fans ****ed him up, so maybe that played a part.

Either he gets on with it, or he lets it get to him. Can't have it both ways. 

he means he gets on with it generally but this time it got to him or there has been a build up that pushed him over his tolerance or something

That's not what Rose said. Even if that was what he said (which again, it wasn't), it wouldn't be inconsistent with human behaviour to be pissed off about something and then have a reaction a bit later to something either loosely linked or perhaps not linked at all. Especially at 24.

g

It was directed at Gomez cos in the match Gomez picked him up and shoved him like a kid. I can get that he's pissed off about that 24 hours later. The idea it's because of stick Liverpool fans give him is - again, bolllocks.

It was directed at Gomez cos in the match Gomez picked him up and shoved him like a kid. I can get that he's pissed off about that 24 hours later. The idea it's because of stick Liverpool fans give him is - again, bolllocks.

You do this. You speak in binaries about these things. Rose didn't say Liverpool fans were the cause but the whole thing adds to it. No human compartmentalises emotions in silos. There will be a billion reasons why he overreacted, some of it might be because he's a bit spoilt by this stage or maybe he has some innate character traits which make him a c*** regardless of situation. No doubt those are the 2 arguments everyone wants to hear but Rose's point isn't something wild.

Plus, f***ing 'ell, he gets called all sorts and gets relentless stick because he treated our club badly Throwing toys out of the pram because someone suggests that maybe it has an effect on him is madness. What are you doing it for otherwise? Take the win.

I think Southgate and the squad have made the right decision about this overall, storm in a teacup that it is.

he means he gets on with it generally but this time it got to him or there has been a build up that pushed him over his tolerance or something

I think he'd have dealt with it in house on the hush hush. But somehow somebody made sure the story got out. Let's look at the clues ......

I think he'd have dealt with it in house on the hush hush. But somehow somebody made sure the story got out. Let's look at the clues ......

what do you think happened?

You do this. You speak in binaries about these things. Rose didn't say Liverpool fans were the cause but the whole thing adds to it. No human compartmentalises emotions in silos. There will be a billion reasons why he overreacted, some of it might be because he's a bit spoilt by this stage or maybe he has some innate character traits which make him a c*** regardless of situation. No doubt those are the 2 arguments everyone wants to hear but Rose's point isn't something wild.

Plus, f***ing 'ell, he gets called all sorts and gets relentless stick because he treated our club badly Throwing toys out of the pram because someone suggests that maybe it has an effect on him is madness. What are you doing it for otherwise? Take the win.

Right. He said "maybe that was part of it" - i think that's bolllocks. 

Yesterday sky sports news were making out sterling was the victim too. He got shoved by Trent into the hordings no penalty given for the push by Mané a decision go against him when up against Henderson and then got “violently shoved” by Gomez along with the booing from the Liverpool fans.

Yesterday sky sports news were making out sterling was the victim too. He got shoved by Trent into the hordings no penalty given for the push by Mané a decision go against him when up against Henderson and then got “violently shoved” by Gomez along with the booing from the Liverpool fans.

_109604143_scoreboard.jpg

Trevor Sinclair was saying the same on Talksport (I saw a tweet about it).

He was trying to insinuate something.

Sterling of course being the first player to ever get booed when he goes back to the club he left acrimoniously.

Michael Owen got pretty much exactly the same reaction, including the same songs.

Trevor Sinclair was saying the same on Talksport (I saw a tweet about it).

He was trying to insinuate something.

Sterling of course being the first player to ever get booed when he goes back to the club he left acrimoniously.

Wasnt Sinclair convicted of racist abuse himself?

To be honest the more that gets reported and said about this the more silly he looks. Quite happy to just sit back and let it all play out, don't think there is much that needs to be said

Wasnt Sinclair convicted of racist abuse himself?

Was he? Didn’t know that. Seen a few tweets slyly implying a similar sinister motive in the booing he got.

Don’t even think it was noticeably any worse than any good player gets going back.

To be honest the more that gets reported and said about this the more silly he looks. Quite happy to just sit back and let it all play out, don't think there is much that needs to be said

Yep. He comes out of it appallingly.

The more what gets reported. I'm missing something. Are you talking about Sinclair?

The more what gets reported. I'm missing something. Are you talking about Sinclair?

Sterling

You've had lots of good reason to defend him in the past and I think you've done a good thing in shining a light on the tropey undertone to much of the press he's had and why, even if people genuinely just think he's a bit of a blert, there is a need to temper some of the criticism.

Seems like he's just been a bit of a div in this though all things considered.

Edited by kop205

He's not even booed that badly is he? always seems a bit half-hearted and it dies off usually. He obviously just felt Gomez humiliated him by making him look small and was still aggro about the result. It doesn't seem any more complicated than that to me.

He's not even booed that badly is he? always seems a bit half-hearted and it dies off usually. He obviously just felt Gomez humiliated him by making him look small and was still aggro about the result. It doesn't seem any more complicated than that to me.

They were losing & he was getting more & more wound up. The stamp on VVD would warrant a retrospective viewing by the FA if it was against a mid-table player

Fair play to Sterling for applauding Gomez coming on and tweeting that the "fans" were wrong to boo him.

But that's typical anti-LFC Engerlund "fans" for you.

Made it all about himself once again

Everyone is talking about how awesome Sterling is and once again the actual victim in all of this is forgotten about

Everyone is talking about how awesome Sterling is and once again the actual victim in all of this is forgotten about

Yes, well, maybe... but I'd say it's a good put-down to the morons who booed.

That’s an odd reading.

Harsh, it was the right thing to do.