By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Barcelona and Spanish footie

So, the independence thing is heating up quickly. It may be all over at the end of the week. 

What the hell happens now? La Liga will be rubbish. No more super clasico. Two leagues with overpowering clubs. It could be the impetus for an even stronger Champions League.

Sure UEFA will weigh in here & say they can't

Still think though in 2000 when the Mancs - being the c**** they are - bailed on the FA Cup, it would have been interesting to invite, say Bayern, to take their place. 

Obviously no idea if they would have accepted it - don't know how people view the FAC abroad, but as the oldest club cup competition there is, there is a certain panache no other domestic cup has

They'll probably still play in La Liga, like Monaco.

Monaco is a city-state mate. Catalonia is bigger than Belgium and not far short of Switzerland.

If they became independent and stayed in La Liga, it would throw all of the domestic leagues into chaos.

Monaco is a city-state mate. Catalonia is bigger than Belgium and not far short of Switzerland.

If they became independent and stayed in La Liga, it would throw all of the domestic leagues into chaos.

Surely them leaving La Liga would be more disruptive than staying?

How? I don't see how anything would change.

PS

Thanks for the facts.

Edited by cymrococh

Yeah, what difference would it make? It's no different to us allowing Swansea and Cardiff into the English leagues. Who would benefit from Barca leaving La Liga? The league would be worse off without them and what are Barca going to do, start a Liga Catalonia where them, Espanyol, and Girona smash the absolute piss out of a load of amateur teams?

I imagine they'd loudly beat the drum for the formation of a European Super League

Get England's big 6 who want more £££s than they're currently getting, add in Celtic, Rangers (who'd jump at that kind of opportunity) and Madrid X 2, PSG, Marseille, Ajax, Milan, Inter, Juve would all be there in a heartbeat, with an almighty bunfight from a bunch of others (hello Everton) who'd be desperate to join.

I imagine they'd loudly beat the drum for the formation of a European Super League

Get England's big 6 who want more £££s than they're currently getting, add in Celtic, Rangers (who'd jump at that kind of opportunity) and Madrid X 2, PSG, Marseille, Ajax, Milan, Inter, Juve would all be there in a heartbeat, with an almighty bunfight from a bunch of others (hello Everton) who'd be desperate to join.

Hope that happens so I can stop caring about it all.

but think of the jet lag for the players.

d****ead on BEIN sports the other day was going on about how jetlag might affect Las Palmas when they play games in mainland Spain.

Ha. I don’t really touch the main media these days for football stuff, it’s TAW or nothing.

Unless we smash someone 3-0 plus. Then I read everything I can get my hands on.

Germans treated like hunds...

Add Roma, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund and you've got 20. I think it will happen eventually.

Galatasaray, Benfica, Porto etc will be wanting in too.

Edited by muleskinner