By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Loris Karius

Alonso

As soon as it was awarded, I thought it was one he was likely to hit hard down the middle. Which he did. So there.

Yes, but you thinking he was going to hit it down the middle doesn't mean he was never going to put it anywhere else. Nor that the highly experienced and skilled pro footballer makes decisions in the same way that the likes of us do.

The disallowed Chelsea goal - rightly, I actually thought there was climbing for the header that was won - he didn't do great. Maybe he was put off by the player (Bakayoko?) lurking, but he shouldn't be, he should be focused only on the ball. Was his vision obstructed? That would be fair enough.

38 conceded this season, fewest since 2010 - when we conceded 35.

We'd conceded 25 in 22 when the Virg joined.

13 in 16 since is pretty ok

We've had the best defence in the league from game 9 onwards (post spurs)

I liked the way he cleaned out the Brighton player yesterday when punching clear. Good to see. Wouldn't have been surprised if Friend gave a penalty the way he was reffing it though, other than the flag had gone up.

Did the flag go up though? The commentators were having a go because it didn't. But yeah, I like that he makes decisions & is 100% committed when he does

Flag didn’t go up, ref overruled liner and gave the offside. Bizarre. It was offside though.

Flag didn’t go up, ref overruled liner and gave the offside. Bizarre. It was offside though.

It went up late, as they do now to make sure they've seen all phases of play. Ridiculous way of officiating these days. The offside law has been completely b*****dised.

• 2 weeks later...

He’s much better than we thought he was last year but not as good as the keeper we were led to believe were getting when he signed. But overall he’s far better than Mignolet and that feels like Grotbags got up and out of bed and in slipped Scarlett Johansson by comparison.

Klopp didn’t ever have a great keeper at Dortmund so it doesn’t seem pivotal to him anyway.

There was some game against Man City when he had a contender

Awesome! Let’s actually do that over a season as opposed to being the best team in calendrical spells which mean f*** all.

I'm getting pretty tired of the 'in this ideal section of time, we were the best [trophies not included].

He should be offering to pay for the fans who went out there.

I genuinely can't think of a worse performance by a keeper in such a high profile game. One of those mistakes would be bad enough. Two in the same game? Unbelievable.