Sign in to follow this  
lfc4eva99

Welcome Joel Matip

Idn't that hat Klopp is doing with Matip? Player ho he knows gorm Germany?

Any decent player in England would fall into the second bracket.

Sounds like you could do with some tunes!

Matip reportedly turned down £64k a week at Schalke for £42k at Liverpool. That's the kind of passion for football I like to see. #LFC

Bayern, Dortmund, Hertha, Wolfsburg, Schalke, Fiorentina, Lazio, Sevilla were all reportedly rejected by Matip for Liverpool. #LFC

Merseyside Fischer@MerseysideFisch Feb 15

Matip reportedly turned down £64k a week at Schalke for £42k at Liverpool. That's the kind of passion for football I like to see. #LFC

Merseyside Fischer@MerseysideFisch Feb 15

Bayern, Dortmund, Hertha, Wolfsburg, Schalke, Fiorentina, Lazio, Sevilla were all reportedly rejected by Matip for Liverpool. #LFC

What a crock of s***e

Can't believe we are only paying Matip £42k a week on a bosman (or that Schalke outbid us by £20k a week). Unless his agent is some sort of relation of Lionel Hutz.

"Klopp also revealed Matip’s purchase was made on his recommendation, the earliest sign yet his reign will be different to that of Brendan Rodgers, when the club’s recruitment strategy was influenced heavily by a transfer committee."

Matip and Grujic are signs of this. Thank f*** this madness looks like it's over.

"Klopp also revealed Matip’s purchase was made on his recommendation, the earliest sign yet his reign will be different to that of Brendan Rodgers, when the club’s recruitment strategy was influenced heavily by a transfer committee."

Matip and Grujic are signs of this. Thank f*** this madness looks like it's over.

The transfer committee were always open to Rodgers' suggestions, it's why we're lumbered with Benteke.

The transfer committee were always open to Rodgers' suggestions, it's why we're lumbered with Benteke.

Yeah there's been some major revisionism going on from Rodgers. He got plenty of his own choices, at great cost to us unfortunately.

The list of Rodgers signings vs committee signings was pretty interesting. I Iiked BR but I think in hindsight he was a good coach who didn't have the best eye for a player. That eventually caught up with him in the end. He didn't seem to want to buy from outside England much, which is a terrible market.

Edited by Leo No.8

I don't believe in the two separate lists, Rodgers signings v committee signings.

I didn't believe it when BR was here either. But on reflection the pattern of signings made little sense in the end so think there may be something in it. It seems like the committee were looking for good deals abroad, and I don't think signings like Lallana, Benteke or Lovren really fit with FSG's ethos - we paid absolute top dollar for all of them, to the point where we could never sell any of them on at a profit.

They'd all have had to be agreed by FSG either way.

"On reflection" just means that Rodgers has left the club so you're happy to pin the blame on him, allowing you to believe that those who are still with us are hunky dory.

Edited by Kvarme Ate My Food

They'd all have had to be agreed by FSG either way.

"On reflection" just means that Rodgers has left the club so you're happy to pin the blame on him, allowing you to believe that those who are still with us are hunky dory.

Possibly - think only what happens going forward will decide if that's true.

I don't believe in the two separate lists, Rodgers signings v committee signings.

Me neither. Can't believe there was horse trading going on, with members more or less saying "it's my turn". Reckon it was more a load of mumbling agreements with each making a point of remembering who originally suggested who and then can backing away and pointing.

I reckon there were definitely players that Rodgers chose to put high up on the list that everyone agreed to pursue and vice versa.

I reckon there were definitely players that Rodgers chose to put high up on the list that everyone agreed to pursue and vice versa.

Yes, but they all agreed to all signings.

Anyway, if there were two separate lists, and I were on the Committee, I might be tutting at Rodgers for Lovren, Benteke and Lalanna, but I wouldn't be shouting too loudly about Markovic, Balotelli, Moreno, Sakho

And the very existence of two separate lists would show what an absolute s*** show the club was from top to bottom. Who would allow two parallel recruitment strategies?

Edited by Kvarme Ate My Food

Anyway, if there were two separate lists, and I were on the Committee, I might be tutting at Rodgers for Lovren, Benteke and Lalanna, but I wouldn't be shouting too loudly about Markovic, Balotelli, Moreno, Sakho

And the very existence of two separate lists would show what an absolute s*** show the club was from top to bottom. Who would allow two parallel recruitment strategies?

Yeah you'd expect a professional CEO or football manager or really any of he adults present to slam a hand down and suggest everyone hold on a goddam minute with all these lists of deals worth tens of millions, this other crap belongs on The Apprentice with a "you're supposed to be a team!!! This Balotelli doesn't even run, it's rubbish" laugh in.

I think it was just that nobody at the club could spot a player. Much simpler I know but when you look at the evidence, none of them knows what a really properly good footballer looks like.

Edited by smithdown

You can see how the whole thing could become a compromise though, both sides feeling like they need to concede on certain transfers because they "got" the last one.