By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Joel Matip

lfc4eva99

I'd like us to get rid of Sakho, Toure, Skrtel and Lovren. Start again 

Toure has actually been ok when he's played funnily enough. Give him a 1 year deal and get rid of the rest. Jury is out on Caulker only because he hasn't really played. Ilori is worth sticking with. Add Matip to that. So one more CB needed in the summer.

Lets hope Matip is boss. Reports about him are promising.

EDIT: A quality keeper would transform our defence by the way and should be priority above anything else in the summer.

Edited by RafaShanks

Neither were Xabi Alonso and Sami Hyypia - well, quick anyway. 

I don't care how quick/physical he is as long as he's bloody f***ing good.

Sami was like a brick f***ing wall though

Said expert is from German Sky....hence the quote marks.

THe one thing that people seem to agree on about Matip is he;s intelligent and good positionally.

Sami was like a brick f***ing wall though

Said expert is from German Sky....hence the quote marks.

THe one thing that people seem to agree on about Matip is he;s intelligent and good positionally.

Sami's tackle on rivaldo is one of my favourite moments in football

Anyone who actually watches German football knows that his brother is by far the better player. I watch him playing for Ingolstadt every week without fail and his duel efficiency rating is phenomenal.

he must have very low gas bills

Edited by Conrad

Already feels more like a 'Rafa type' signing. Good deal due to contract, from his home country and based on his own knowledge of the player. Grujic sounds like a potentially good deal too. I'm hoping we are going to go back to being a lot smarter like this - since signing Coutinho we might as well not have bothered with scouting. Just signing everyone who looks half decent for Southampton, or who plays well against us for twice as much as they are worth. It really has been very poor indeed. Wasteful.

Already feels more like a 'Rafa type' signing. Good deal due to contract, from his home country and based on his own knowledge of the player. Grujic sounds like a potentially good deal too. I'm hoping we are going to go back to being a lot smarter like this - since signing Coutinho we might as well not have bothered with scouting. Just signing everyone who looks half decent for Southampton, or who plays well against us for twice as much as they are worth. It really has been very poor indeed. Wasteful.

That was a general theme of our time under Rodgers. His role in our scouting seemed to be to pick players who he knew from old clubs or had played well against us.

That was a general theme of our time under Rodgers. His role in our scouting seemed to be to pick players who he knew from old clubs

Allen, Borini....?

Think it gets overstated that one.

He bought* loads of s**** with whom he wasn't previously familiar as well.

EDIT - suppose you did say 'scouting' so possibly more that he wanted to bring in. Williams the obvious one. I don't mind that approach per se, at least not in the first instance. Get in a few lads who you trust to do a job. Allen probably did that to an extent until he got injured in his first season. Borini was just an awful shout.

Edited by kop205

Idn't that hat Klopp is doing with Matip? Player ho he knows gorm Germany?

Any decent player in England would fall into the second bracket. 

He's never managed Matip, has he? Plus he's not lashed out tens of millions of pounds on him, so it's already a step up from pretty much everyone that we bought under Rodgers.