By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Friend, neutral or foe clubs

growler

Thought I'd free my mind of Roy for a bit and was thinking about clubs we have official links with, clubs who are friendlies etc

Official: only one I know about is it Ghana and the best prospect went to real Madrid

Friendly: Crewe are obvious and man city for the Manc connection. Would consider arsenal as a friend or neutral. Don't like spurs though. Newcastle? Celtic for sure and we seem to have good bond with barca and Milan clubs.

Neutral; west ham

Foe Manc, Chelsea, bitters, real Madrid.

Where do Leeds fit in? Juve I kind of like despite the history and I always follow notts forest.

Borussia Moenchenglabach are definitely friends, they would be top of the list.

I would also count many of the teams we have played in Europe in the same way. Both Milan clubs, Inter love us for Istanbul whilst Milan sing YNWA and possibly Atletico for thrashing Madrid and Torres. Think many of the teams we have played in Europe likes Galatasary have developed an affinity with us after receiving a good welcome at Anfield. I like the clapping of the away fans and a bit of bonding when they support their team loudly, its a tradition that sets us apart I think.

Edited by Leo No.8

Thought I'd free my mind of Roy for a bit and was thinking about clubs we have official links with, clubs who are friendlies etc

Official: only one I know about is it Ghana and the best prospect went to real Madrid

Friendly: Crewe are obvious and man city for the Manc connection. Would consider arsenal as a friend or neutral. Don't like spurs though. Newcastle? Celtic for sure and we seem to have good bond with barca and Milan clubs.

Neutral; west ham

Where do Leeds fit in? Juve I kind of like despite the history and I always follow notts forest.

Man City? naaah. I don't hate them, but the rivalry between the cities means they're not friends of ours. It's that sort of thinking that's made the Ev into Man Utd's brattish little brother.

There's mutual respect with Arsenal, and I don't mind them at all.

Newcastle are a joke. And have you ever noticed how Geordies are always saying "we've so much in common with scousers" but you never hear a scouser reciprocate?

The love-in with Celtic when we played them in the Uefa Cup a few years back was sickening. And plenty of our support prefers Rangers. f*** both of them, I say.

Neutral; west ham

f***ing Man City?????

Neutral; west ham

Nottingham Forest, the forest fans kick off if you call them Notts - that's County.

Hate: Man Utd, Chelsea, all the London clubs actually (Arsenal probably the least) any team managed by Allardyce, Warnock, Bruce and soon Hodgson.

Like/don't mind: Celtic, Barca, Leicester City, Forfar, Villa, Wrexham, Tranmere

Hate:-

Crystal Palace ,Tonbridge, Gravesend & Northfleet, Maidstone United, Ashford Town, Berea Park, Carshalton Athletic, Halmstad, Bristol City, Oddevold,Örebro, Malmö FF, Neuchâtel Xamax, Switzerland, Internazionale, Blackburn Rovers, Grasshopper, FC Copenhagen, Udinese, United Arab Emirates, Viking, Finland, Fulham

Crystal Palace ,Tonbridge, Gravesend & Northfleet, Maidstone United, Ashford Town, Berea Park, Carshalton Athletic, Halmstad, Bristol City, Oddevold,Örebro, Malmö FF, Neuchâtel Xamax, Switzerland, Internazionale, Blackburn Rovers, Grasshopper, FC Copenhagen, Udinese, United Arab Emirates, Viking, Finland, Fulham

It's pity you should have for those teams, not hate.

I have a small soft spot for West Brom due to having family nearby and because The Hawthorns was the first league ground I was ever at. Everybody else can f*** off.

and you couldnt name a game of significance that he won amongst the lot of them. No-mark

Edited by DPD1973

Bravo man. Brilliant.

when I lived in London I used to go see Arsenal if Liverpool were not playing. They were terrible to watch (this was George Graham time) but I'd some great nights with their fans, many of whom seemed to have a real soft spot for Liverpool. I also have an awful lot of time for AC Milan, if for no other reason than the way they responded after Hillsborough. They were playing Read Madrid the following week in the European Cup semi final. 6 minutes into the game, the referee stopped the match and the whole ground stood and sang you'll never walk alone. The fact that they then went and hammered Madrid 5-0 in one of the three greatest performances I have ever seen just seemed to add to their 'specialness'. Though they are owned by one of the biggest pricks in European politics/media, they are a proper football club who have an ethos and philosophy that stands comparison with any footballing institution.

Natural foes: Real Madrid. They are the almost polar opposite of Liverpool as a club stands for and currently have as a manager, the most hateful man in football.

"We all hate Leeds and Leeds and Leeds"

That said, an old Leeds fan (proper old) told me there was some mutual respect between Leeds and Liverpool. Historically from navvies meeting in the middle when digging the Leeds-Liverpool canal and the mutual loathing of the Munsters.

Edited by cochyn