By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Coronavirus

Tosh

6 hours ago, Tosh said:

Some scary stuff in that article, Today I've done my first indoor cycle post-Covid, went for an hour, similar pace to pre-Covid, felt fine during and after, now wondering if I will get that 2-day crash that he talks about.

I know I will be knackered more than usual later but I can handle that to a certain extent but its feeling like I need to go to bed at 9pm every second night that's a f***er.

5 hours ago, DPD1973 said:

Some scary stuff in that article, Today I've done my first indoor cycle post-Covid, went for an hour, similar pace to pre-Covid, felt fine during and after, now wondering if I will get that 2-day crash that he talks about.

I know I will be knackered more than usual later but I can handle that to a certain extent but its feeling like I need to go to bed at 9pm every second night that's a f***er.

It's a funny one, I had it (I assume, based on feeling awful and doing a positive antibody test later in the year) around April 2020 and after taking a couple of weeks to get back into my running was pretty much back around my best times and sustained that for a good while.

Had it again over New Year 21/22, no symptoms whatsoever, but have  been 5-10% down on pace ever since, haven't managed anything longer than about 9 miles and haven't managed to push a fast 3/4 miler either.

Plodded 4 miles today about 3 minutes slower than I'd usually expect and feel knackered.

Obviously I'm that bit older and general conditioning isn't quite as good but I'm not carrying too much extra weight (a bit, but not enough to explain the drop-off I don't think).

On 05/05/2022 at 12:18, D.Boon said:

Day 15 of my non Covid virus now. Coughed myself horse again in bed last night.  Genuinely wearing me out now.

There's loads of wintry type stuff that shouldn't be in play this time of year. I've got a head cold. Full of snotters and grollies. Picked something up in Newcastle last weekend. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/05/2022 at 12:18, D.Boon said:

Day 15 of my non Covid virus now. Coughed myself horse again in bed last night.  Genuinely wearing me out now.

I went to Newcastle away and came back with was like a heavy winter cold. Blocked nose and coughing up all sorts. It was starting to ease up last Friday. I went down to that London. Came back on Sunday. Done nowt but drift in and out of sleep and during times of being awake I'd coughed like a loonatron, a dry tickly horrible thing. I ache now when I breathe. My immune system has been rubbish since my 2nd bout of covid back in Jan. My tolerance to the booze has gone out the window too. More than 4 pints, the next day is like I've been out with the Happy Mondays.

I think I need to go to bed for two weeks to recharge. 

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

Read some research about Covid yesterday and there is a growing consensus that Covid is actually airborne HIV. Grim as f*** if correct

Be really interested in reading that if you've got a link? 

• 2 weeks later...