Sign in to follow this  
magneto

Burnley F.C. vs Liverpool F.C. - Saturday 31 August 17h30

It's probably cos the manager does it as well?

They are clearly 2 of his first choice midfield as evidenced by the number of times they start

They are clearly 2 of his first choice midfield as evidenced by the number of times they start

I don’t think anyone disputes that but it’s pretty clear the midfield is changed regularly. Off a week it may not happen, but I suspect we won’t play the same midfield in consecutive games very often, if ever.

I don’t think anyone disputes that but it’s pretty clear the midfield is changed regularly. Off a week it may not happen, but I suspect we won’t play the same midfield in consecutive games very often, if ever.

We've started with the same midfield in consecutive games several times since we signed Fabinho but, without question, Jurgen makes more changes in midfield than defence or attack

Probably the area with the greatest strength in depth but the fewest exceptional players

Probably the area with the greatest strength in depth but the fewest exceptional players

Yeah and lots of different styles in there so, if everyone is fit and in a good place with form, it offers Klopp a “horses for courses” approach

Keira/AOC very willing to beat a player

Henderson/Milner energy experience captains

Fabinho/Wijnaldum very comfortable taking balls to feet in tight areas and shifting them on

Very loose descriptions there (I’m typing on phone) but gives the manager a good range in terms of how he wants to play.

For Burnley - Henderson and Fabinho because there is no reason to change and they have height.

They say a bad pitch is a leveller and someone suggested they won’t water the pitch - yes agree - and in this case, the less the ball is on the grass and the more it’s in the air will play to Burnley’s chances of being competitive.

We've started with the same midfield in consecutive games several times since we signed Fabinho but, without question, Jurgen makes more changes in midfield than defence or attack

I only went back as far as February but I found two periods before I got bored, and funnily enough one didn’t even involve Fabinho, and the other involved a 3 week gap.

The thing with our midfield and why it’s a strength is the range of ability is minimal. They’re all really good.

The best midfield has Fabinho and hendo in that order. Gini is also boss but the three of them in a midfield isn’t that great. I’m not sure that’s a secret

Edited by Billy Talbot

I’d love a De Bruyne or one of the Silva brothers.

Not all of them but having a top quality option like that would be great

They'll be counting all our goals on the fingers of one hand.

6-0 then.

Circus freak!!

Burnley just been knocked out the league cup by Sunderland. Not sure how many they rested

Ridiculous that by Dyche. It's not even September and they rest 10 starters. Presumably he's under orders to preserve PL status.

Ridiculous that by Dyche. It's not even September and they rest 10 starters. Presumably he's under orders to preserve PL status.

Yeah but get this, it's a home game with starters including;

Joe Hart, Phil Bardsley, Jeff Hendrick, Aaron Lennon, Danny Drink water and Jay Rodriguez.

We recognise all the names but you have to question where they are in their careers if they're not starting for Burnley and getting knocked out by Sunderland at home.

BTW - they're their options off the bench on Saturday

Edited by Rory Fitzgerald

Probably it's time to get rid of the league cup altogether

Absolutely. And the attendances would suggest most fans would agree.

Absolutely. And the attendances would suggest most fans would agree.

Problem is for lower league teams, drawing a PL team gives you a sizeable chunk of TV revenue.

Hope you don't mind me putting this up but know the generosity of us, those of us there we will acknowledge.

Burnley v Liverpool: Minutes Applause 

In the 3rd minute.

Recently, we sadly lost a fellow Claret Paul Simm, who everyone knew as Zac, in his battle with cancer aged 56! He was a keen Burnley fan and a season ticket holder in the Jimmy McIlroy Upper.

Please can we make all Clarets aware that a minutes applause will be taking place in the 3rd minute of the game so we can give him a well deserved Turf Moor send off.

We're aware some people don't agree with this particular thing believing it should be done on the 'In Memoriam Day’. But please refrain from turning this post into bickering on why or why not this should be done during the game. If you don't agree please just scroll past the post. The request for this post has come from his family who are active on social media and just want to see him given a proper Turf Moor send off by as many fellow Clarets as possible & Liverpool fans.

Edited by Leroy

That McNeil or what ever their young winger is called looks really good to me. Thought he did well at Anfield.

Anyone else seen him?