By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Steven Gerrard

Earl Hafler

Some viewing here for those with time

https://youtu.be/mNnsv88Ea6s

Absolutely legendary stuff. The best player that we've ever had. I may take some stick for that, but I really believe that. My heart says Kenny but my brain says Stevie.

Also:

1. State on those pitches, even so recently.

2. Owen really was great. What a wasted legacy.

3. Lovely to see Gary Mac on the ball.

4. Number 17? Funny.

That'd be great.

Aye it would - and it would stop any of this "give him a few games to get him a league winner's medal"

1) Reckon that would be a massive distraction - you could already see Klopp getting pissed off with the Stevie questions yesterday in the presser

2) I don't think Steven would want one unless he'd been fully involved

Stevie was the ultimate all rounder, effortless technique, incredible and important goals, leadership and responsibility.

It's hard to fathom the kind of pressure he must've been under those years as the embodiment of LFC

Istanbul, the comeback - imo was all down to him, that magnificent headed goal, his leadership and drive won it. Rafa rightly gets huge kudos but he wasn't on the pitch.

Absolutely peerless midfielder and a Liverpool legend. As important as Kenny by dint of the fact he led us through some lean and difficult years, still won trophies and brought glory to the club

Ian Herbert reckons he's more likely to work with England than us, sounds like he's making it up as he goes along though

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/steven-gerrard-likely-to-take-up-england-role-as-klopp-loses-patience-over-talk-of-liverpool-return-35243042.html

Didn't go a bunch on Herbert's piece, and I quite like him.  Felt mealy mouthed to me.

enjoy your retirement stevie

what a player he was

he had everything. i remember zidane said around 2009 i think that gerrard was the best player in the world and that was some compliment

what a collection of goals he scored, absolute belters. his finishing was world class as good as the best forwards

i doubt we will see a player as good as this man in a liverpool shirt ever again

We all know how good he was but there's hardly a tap in amongst that lot. Goals that most players would kill for wouldn't get in his top 20

One that was a tap-in pretty well typified him as much as the classics. 90th minute away at the statistically worst PL team ever - Derby County - we were being held to a humiliating 0-0 when Stevie stormed upfield - without the ball - so as to get in the mix as the ball pinged around off post and defenders before deflecting it in for a (barely) face-saving winner; an utter, if you'll pardon the expression, triumph of the will.

Edited by JRC

@titicamara22

Good luck with retirement Mr Gerrard. What a iconic figure he has been for liverpool. We football legends unfortunately can't last forever

Class.

I was really surprised that the goal at Upton Park where he flies in back post was only his second. Felt by then like we already knew we had a special player. Maybe we did. In its own way one of my favourite of his goals too - great desire to get there, great technique to keep it down.

the tributes are fascinating. basically every great player of the last 15 years or so rated the f***ing hell out of gerrard. must've been amazing playing against him.

I remember watching him v Nedved in 2005 from high on the Kop  - was terrific

One that was a tap-in pretty well typified him as much as the classics. 90th minute away at the statistically worst PL team ever - Derby County - we were being held to a humiliating 0-0 when Stevie stormed upfield - without the ball - so as to get in the mix as the ball pinged around off post and defenders before deflecting it in for a (barely) face-saving winner; an utter, if you'll pardon the expression, triumph of the will.

It was 2-1 actually. Torres scored a great goal early on, only for them to equalise.