By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Tell you who/what I hate...

Stanley Leisure

8 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

There’s a couple of people I used to work with doing this, charging a grand for courses on how to achieve all your career goals or find balance in relationships. Always makes me laugh as they are easily the most useless and emotionally unstable people I have ever met. 

Harsh on James A.

Harsh, but fair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cymrococh said:

The media personality Peter Crouch has become, and the despicable bells he associates himself with.

I like Alex Horne, but yeah I get what you mean. 

I still can't hate Crouch tho. 

That hat trick against Arsenal gives him an almost inexhaustible amount of credit 

1 hour ago, cymrococh said:

The media personality Peter Crouch has become, and the despicable bells he associates himself with.

It all got very boring at least two or three years ago and now it is all just very irritating.

I think he's basically an okay lad but he's just gathered a group of ladzladzladz hangers on for whom he is some sort of punching god and who constantly tell him he is hilarious.

Some parents are weird. 

Sat in the park and there's some parents just sat there watching their kids destroying a tree - properly ripping branches off left right and centre and their parents don't give a s*** and are letting them get on with it 

I did enquire of the parents whether they thought that was acceptable and they replied "they're just letting off steam" 

Ms Tommok was adamant I wasn't to get involved in an argument with them so I just said "maybe something a little less destructive might be better?" and walked off. They looked a bit embarrassed but I don't know if they stopped their kids or not as we left. 

Edited by Tommok

Episode V

Buddha Strikes Back

I feel bad, got back from my friends after the game and felt a bit merry.

Anyway got to the the top of the garden path to be greeted by mr dirty rat. I shamelessly jump into action and picked up her statue of Buddha.

Buddha committed suicide after smashing into pieces taking out the dirty rat.

I am not sure what the meaning is behind this story

On 14/06/2021 at 11:21, charlie clown said:

Taxi cab companies. Three times in the last week we've had taxis booked. Two of them cancelled saying that we were a no show when we'd been tracking them and they clearly had not despatched anyone to start with - lying c****. And then another that we tracked and could see was running about thirty minutes later and would have meant that we missed a booking we had. The individual drivers seem, by and large, to be decent enough but the companies themselves and their control offices seem to be nothing but devious, lying, incompetent bell-ends.

I'm sure that they deliberately over-book their schedules assuming that they'll get cancellations so that the bookings will thin out a bit across the course of a day, but if that doesn't happen in the meantime people are being let down, failing to attend appointments, lose their tables at restaurants, miss trains etc. etc. Wouldn't be so bad if there was decent competition for the service but in Warrington there's a virtual monopoly and that one big company really doesn't give a toss at all.   

Tell the taxi licensing department at the council how s***e they are.

Could have a vulnerable person in a difficult situation relying on being picked up by one of their no shows 

• Like 1

On 14/06/2021 at 00:01, Redwire said:

All estate agents are lying, venal c**** - except for Sammy of course.

We got so pissed off with Bridgefords in Stockton Heath last time that we just basically refused to look at anything they were selling.  We had a stand up row with their main man who was just barefaced lying to us about a conversation we'd had.  We knew he was lying; he knew we knew he was lying, but he just refused to acknowledge it.  It was bizarre.

Sammy isn't an estate agent, he's a lettings manager. Mind you, if you lie with dogs.... :popcorn:

On a Teams call with my whole department at work (over 100 people) and one of the topics was Mental Wellbeing.

There was a click poll to ask how everyone's state of wellbeing was at the moment - the results were pretty low - ie a majority of people indicated that they "weren't feeling great". Our Director's response to the poll in their closing remarks - "Well I guess that's to be expected for a wet and rainy Monday morning eh? Hahaha!" 

These c**** just don't get it do they 

Pricks who mow their lawn before 7am. This d****ead bought a fancy new gasoline powered ride on mower with a new quiet engine. That's fine. However, the f***ing thing has a reversing warning, it's a beep that drills into your brain after about 2 minutes.

Edited by Nebraska Red

On 14/06/2021 at 12:55, cymrococh said:

He's not even good at it, I really dont get it with him. He's dreadful on the telly, you can see the doubt creep in to him mid-sentence.

2 hours ago, Tommok said:

On a Teams call with my whole department at work (over 100 people) and one of the topics was Mental Wellbeing.

There was a click poll to ask how everyone's state of wellbeing was at the moment - the results were pretty low - ie a majority of people indicated that they "weren't feeling great". Our Director's response to the poll in their closing remarks - "Well I guess that's to be expected for a wet and rainy Monday morning eh? Hahaha!" 

These c**** just don't get it do they 

Definitely not. It's one of the reasons I got the f*** out of the corporate world - stress related panic attacks were f***ing me up completely and there was absolute no help provided or s***s given by anyone I worked for.

• Like 1

On 19/06/2021 at 01:22, Ibby said:

Tell the taxi licensing department at the council how s***e they are.

Could have a vulnerable person in a difficult situation relying on being picked up by one of their no shows 

Mrs C has already done that; lodged a complaint via the council website. We're assuming it will fall on deaf ears though.

3 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

People who move to city centre flats and expect the venues that were there before them to stop being loud.

Councils who side with the new residents are even worse.

Another live music venue in Liverpool can't play live music.

Bobby Gillespie 

20 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

People who move to city centre flats and expect the venues that were there before them to stop being loud.

Councils who side with the new residents are even worse.

Another live music venue in Liverpool can't play live music.

Yeah.

Same goes for people who buy a house next door to a pub and complain it's noisy - not even live music just people having the temerity to be enjoying themselves in a pub. 

They would've paid less for the property in the first place generally because of its proximity to a pub too. 

16 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Bobby Gillespie 

The fella who runs the venue was telling me that as they were temporarily closed due to covid, the people who moved in to the flats during covid are seen as being there first. Madness. It seems so hard for anyone to get a music venue somewhere in city centres now.

1 minute ago, Tommok said:

Yeah.

Same goes for people who buy a house next door to a pub and complain it's noisy - not even live music just people having the temerity to be enjoying themselves in a pub. 

They would've paid less for the property in the first place generally because of its proximity to a pub too. 

I think a lot of the time it's the music venues that makes an area seem "cool" so d****eads want to live there but want nothing that made it a good place in the first place.

Welsh Government actually changed the planning rules to take this into account a few years ago.

Someone moved into a flat in a street in central Cardiff where loads of small gig venues (like Clwb Ifor Bach) and bars are, then started complaining about noise levels. It was widely understood that the person involved was a "plant" from Wetherspoons who had one of of the bars on the street but wanted to open a hotel there too. Big social media campaign got the rules changed so that you can't complain about noise from businesses that were were before you.

• Like 1