Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Joe Gomez

No one in India or China can touch him, he's easily in the top 4 billion players in existence. Might, just might go higher, not sure though.

Moreno has a real job on his hands to get back into the starting XI.

We've seen a lot of right footed LBs in recent times - Carra in 2001 and 2002, Gallas for Chelsea when Mourinho was first at Chelsea, Flanagan in 2014, Azpilicueta for Chelsea now. You lose something at attack but it helps the left sided CB no end.

The difference with those right footed LB's you mention, is that they are/were all comfortable using their left. Add Johnson, who was virtually as strong on his left as his right too.

It certainly will help if he keeps coming up against left footed attackers, as they'll be looking to come inside on to his stronger foot. Hopefully his reliance on his right eases up with every game.

Moreno has a real job on his hands to get back into the starting XI.

We've seen a lot of right footed LBs in recent times - Carra in 2001 and 2002, Gallas for Chelsea when Mourinho was first at Chelsea, Flanagan in 2014, Azpilicueta for Chelsea now. You lose something at attack but it helps the left sided CB no end.

Think Moreno's pace can be very handy off the bench

had another great run last night, but just didn't pick the right option at the end

Handsome lad, too.

like a young MC Hammer? ;)

mad when you remember gazza missed that chance before he was born.

Ooof. 7 years after we last won the league.

I don't want to mocker it, but he and Clyne reminded me a bit of how our defence used to work back in the 80's last night. I think someone then mentioned it on Sky last night, may have been Carragher. I think both are potentially probably better technical players and athletes than Neal/Kennedy/Nicol as well, which is about as exciting as you can get about full backs.

I think they may end up being our buys of the year.

Going to have to manage Gomez - be hard to take him out of the team if he carries on this form but Brendan will need to give Moreno some game time and give Joe a rest.

Hopefully Flanno coming back will give some more options in both FB slots so Clyne can get some of the easier games off as well

Going to have to manage Gomez - be hard to take him out of the team if he carries on this form but Brendan will need to give Moreno some game time and give Joe a rest.

Hopefully Flanno coming back will give some more options in both FB slots so Clyne can get some of the easier games off as well

Bookings will take care of rest time.

mad when you remember gazza missed that chance before he was born.

The white suit Cup Final was a full year before he was born. :)

Bet Hodgson calls him up next squad and throws rotten tomatoes at him

He's in the U-21 squad with Ibe

A guy I know who works with Charlton's youth set-up said to me that he reckoned we'd "stolen" Gomez.

I think he meant it with begrudging admiration of the signing.

Think he's improved each game he has played for us so far, which is encouraging.

Three games in and he's already better than Maldini

I wonder where he'll end up

Just behind Skrtel?

Do you think he has got worse?

I thought he was average at best against Stoke but inevitable that any praise given to the lad would result in this sort of b******s, don't really know why people bother. It is tedious, but anyway I'll try to make sure I avoid adjectives as hyperbolic as 'encouraging' in future.