Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Joe Gomez

Might be harsh but I thought he was the weakest link in our defense yesterday.

He'll go on to be a very good player though, no doubt about it.

Just not convinced he's currently at the level needed to compete for a top4 spot in this league.

Think it is a little harsh. He had a wobble between 30-45 mins but was pretty sound for the rest of the game.

I do worry about our LB options though - we need more quality there but it wasn't a priorty this summer. Brendan's challenge will be to develop him without burning him out & giving Moreno game time to cover & keep him fresh. I can see Flanno flitting between LB and RB as well once he's fit.

Just not convinced he's currently at the level needed to compete for a top4 spot in this league.

He coped better with Walters than Moreno would have

Does Kryptonite count as 'doping'?

Its not performance enhancing.

Can people stop getting kryptonite wrong, its making me feel like Gilps.

Yeah, i was concerned about him at times yesterday too. All to be expected, young lad, debut at a hard place, out of position and up against a brute, All things considered, he was pretty decent but there were a few tricky moments and Stoke clearly targeted him with that diagonal aerial ball to Walters.

No doubt he'll develop into an excellent player and even at this stage, being so young, raw and inexperienced, i'd still have no qualms with him playing games, Any wobbles were what you'd expect, but it wasnt serious enough whereby he looked out of place or out of his depth. Decent experience for the kid.

He's going to score the winner at old Trafford with a back post header after a period of concerted pressure in a 1-0 win in around the 71st minute. Everyone will agree that we were the better team in a mature and controlled performance.

Gomez really shows that there are players in lower divisions worth taking a gamble on. Just need our scouts to find them. In some cases, better than going down the foreign route, especially given our checkered transfers over the past few years.

with Driscoll coaching the England u19's you would hope t see a few more come our way in the next 12 months...

Edited by growler

Talking of which, did you see the size of that 16 year old that played for West Ham yesterday?

I did.

5 ft 10.

Gomez really shows that there are players in lower divisions worth taking a gamble on. Just need our scouts to find them. In some cases, better than going down the foreign route, especially given our checkered transfers over the past few years.

In some cases, yes. In others, no.

Not easy this, is it?

Have we had more "checkered transfers" than anyone else?

And what are "checkered transfers"?

So many questions.

I did.

5 ft 10.

Built like a wall though.

I would also just like to admit to a slight little bit of man love for Gomez already :pinktrainees:

Oxford is 6ft 2. That's pretty big in my book for a 16 year old

why do you have a book about the heights of 16 years old kids?

Oxford is 6ft 2. That's pretty big in my book for a 16 year old

Strange thing to pass comment on.

Ok, To avoid all the innuendos.

6ft 2 for a 16 year old isn't really a strange thing to pass comment on in the context of this conversation. Just putting you straight on the point RP. I know how much you love to be corrected ;)

Edited by Gravy