By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Liverpool vs Fulham - EFL Cup Semi- Final 1st Leg, 10th January @ 8pm

ynwa.tv

Just now, stressederic said:

Yep get this done in the first leg and then we can have an easier rotation for the away game. 

Yep I am all in on that idea. Rarely seems to happen but it would be magical. 

They've got a bit lucky with the scheduling around this - they played a s***e team at home in the cup on Friday, then have their winter break the weekend after ours, so they'll have had 10 days without a game before the second leg.

Team probably picks itself given the injuries and absences with 3 or 4 changes from Arsenal

Kelleher

Trent Konate VVD Gomez

Gravenberch Mac Allister Jones

Diaz Jota Nunez

Assume Kelleher is getting this as he's had all the other League up and EL games, Quansah if Virg is still ill and then it's either Elliott or Gravenberch in midfield. Gonna be another Ressie-filled bench.

Think it will be a tough tie. Fulham will very much be all in, have been playing well recently and have the 2nd leg at theirs. Gave us a tough game last month obviously. Don't think we can rest many. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, charlie clown said:

If this was last season, after two big wins it'd be exactly the type of match that we'd lose. If we get a win here, for me it'd be a big indicator of how much further we've come this season.

Two consecutive big wins last season? Did we even get two wins?

Fulham being all in for this might actually help us. They might be a bit cagey. They usually have absolutely nothing to play for.

I’ve also become a little obsessed with checking out how their fans celebrate goals ever since noticing how mute they were at Anfield. 

• Haha 1

I mean ok it's a semi & what else can you say but they got the toughest draw

3 hours ago, psl said:

Think it will be a tough tie. Fulham will very much be all in, have been playing well recently and have the 2nd leg at theirs. Gave us a tough game last month obviously. Don't think we can rest many. 

we don't have a game for 10 days after this, we're not resting anyone. If someone's got a bit of a knock and is 50/50 then yeah maybe you 'rest' them but apart from that, we go full strength with Kelleher in goal

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Cobs said:

yet some fa cup games had it - so what do they mean fairness?

1 hour ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

bit weird to let the players pick themselves, we'll end up with about 18 starting which may see us getting booted out of the comp

may? surely will!!!!

Trent out, Dom still out, Virgil back.

Thiago and Bajcetic have extended the west end run of their two-man vaudevillian act, so it’ll be February before they’re back in training. 

• Haha 1

it’s basically up to FSG and how kind they are now

as to whether we stay in the title race 

let’s hope for a third party conversation, with a kindly but influential cousin of Henry or something

’Come on man, throw these guys a bone. They love their sports franchise.’

2 hours ago, Molby said:

it’s basically up to FSG and how kind they are now

as to whether we stay in the title race 

how so - we've one, maybe two league games before we've almost a full squad back?

Any of you clever people know if I pass my ticket on for this, do I keep the credit. I have  a season ticket if that makes any difference. 

Got really bad tendonitis in my right leg. Can hardly walk so don't really fancy hobbling over on the train, as I defo can't drive. 

42 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Any of you clever people know if I pass my ticket on for this, do I keep the credit. I have  a season ticket if that makes any difference. 

Got really bad tendonitis in my right leg. Can hardly walk so don't really fancy hobbling over on the train, as I defo can't drive. 

Just sign up to livefootballtickets and list your ticket for 50 quid, it'll sell in about an hour.

• Downvote 2