By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Coronavirus

Tosh

3 hours ago, smithdown said:

The heir to the throne has got it, the Prime Minister has got it.

If that Vallance has got it we might be allowed out on the ale.

It'll be curtains for Vallance if he gets it.

We're still doing puns, right?

RIGHT???

54 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

I noticed the letter sent to the people I work with who have been furloughed only covers them till the end of the next pay month and will then be revisited..........

Yeah ours said up to end of May which I think is the Govt review date.

Trump has been even more disastrous about this than you feared he’d be. I’d love to think this will end his election hopes but probably not. An American friend told me his approval rating had actually gone up which is all kinds of terrifying.

Edited by Swipe

That's what I'm reading. Although (I'm hoping) people are assuming this will be over in a week or so - by the end of April people will be getting really f***ed off, especially when all of his messages are 'it's not that bad'.

3.3 million more people filed for unemployment. If this drags into May, I can see a backlash

On 23/03/2020 at 22:37, Swan Red said:

While the govt is urging people to get off and keep off the streets what are they doing for those who live there?

On 23/03/2020 at 22:38, stressederic said:

I saw something the other day about homeless people in London being offered hotel rooms to help curb the infection. Amazing the solutions that can be found when suddenly rich people are affected.

On 23/03/2020 at 22:50, Swan Red said:

This is good but yeah.

In that France, the rate of new cases and the rate of new deaths has been climbing significantly less steeply than it has here, albeit their numbers for both are higher due to being further along the curve.

I wonder if that difference is significant and indicative of any difference in approach.

8 minutes ago, Dan said:

Adds more credence to the claim that loads of us have had it right?

I’m not seeing that.

1 minute ago, Falconhoof said:

Although, yes lots of people will have had it and be asymptomatic, but not the 50% that was talked about in the Oxford academic piece.

I was working in a school with 1400 kids up until last Friday. I'd be amazed if a significant number of us hadn't already had it or have got it now.

3 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Nor me, the opposite in fact

How so?

9 minutes ago, Dan said:

How so?

If loads of us had had it asymptotically, great but there would have been a lot more of your celebs, politicos etc (those that get tested) coming out weeks ago with their positive results 

the fact that Johnson and co have spent all those hours together trying to muddle through this and are only now getting infected/symptoms, suggests that the rate of infection is rising, even if a load of people don’t get symptoms.

I’d love to believe the Excel will sit empty for the next month, but I fear not. The Oxford thing is positive but look at Italy and Spain and think why we’d be different. They both should slow as the lockdown exceeds incubation periods but they are not there yet.

The champions league Atalanta/Milan/Valencia thing is frightening but plays against the Oxford analysis, IMO

Christ, 969 deaths in Italy today. 

4 minutes ago, Tosh said:

If loads of us had had it asymptotically, great but there would have been a lot more of your celebs, politicos etc (those that get tested) coming out weeks ago with their positive results 

the fact that Johnson and co have spent all those hours together trying to muddle through this and are only now getting infected/symptoms, suggests that the rate of infection is rising, even if a load of people don’t get symptoms.

I’d love to believe the Excel will sit empty for the next month, but I fear not. The Oxford thing is positive but look at Italy and Spain and think why we’d be different. They both should slow as the lockdown exceeds incubation periods but they are not there yet.

The champions league Atalanta/Milan/Valencia thing is frightening but plays against the Oxford analysis, IMO

Why would you have a test if you had no symptoms? But yeah take your other points, I'm just looking for positives.

Edited by Dan

Dan

also, add in why Asia is having a spike of cases from those returning to China, Singapore etc. If they’d mostly had it (logic would suggest they would have cycled through the herd before us by dint of proximity to Wuhan), surely they’d not be seeing  rise of infections via those arriving at airports

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Christ, 969 deaths in Italy today. 

Why would you have a test if you had no symptoms? But yeah take your other points, I'm just looking for positives.

If we all had it asymptomatically before and now more folk are showing more serious symptoms, that suggests either the strong had it first and now its attacking the weak, or its getting stronger/deadlier 

logic sort of plays against the first, science is suggesting the latter is not the case. 

2 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Dan

also, add in why Asia is having a spike of cases from those returning to China, Singapore etc. If they’d mostly had it (logic would suggest they would have cycled through the herd before us by dint of proximity to Wuhan), surely they’d not be seeing  rise of infections via those arriving at airports

Think they've said that is exactly the cause. That's the problem with lock down, it's still there when you come out. 

Italy and Spain seemed to have f***ed up, locking down carriers with vulnerable. More normal for families to live together with grandparents perhaps? They've then had really high concentrated amount of cases, which appears to affect otherwise healthy when they are over exposed. 

Just now, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

my dad was saying a week ago that they've run out of freezers in parts of the UK - people trying to buy a(nother) freezer to put their hoarding into

My nephew delivers them for curry's, says they've never delivered so many freezers