Tosh

Coronavirus

Lovely to see the royal princes, you know the ones - they’re aged about 3 -  on the news applauding something they don’t understand 

f***ing delightful that was, maybe the highlight of the virus so far 

38 minutes ago, Romario said:

Why is there a wait till June? Is it to organise it or what’s the thinking? 

Think it is to allow time for HMRC to arrange themselves and contact people who are eligible.

39 minutes ago, realtarragona said:

Unfortunately as a director of a limited company none of it really applies for me so no income for the foreseeable future. I’m going to have to apply for universal credit I think which isn’t going to help too much but better than nothing. 

Did you not pay yourself anything through PAYE, as well as dividends ? 

22 minutes ago, Molby said:

Think that's what one of my mates has done. Just dividends

One week on from the announcement about pay for furloughed employees, still no confirmation from my employer as to what’s going on. Reasonably sure I’ll be getting paid something at some point, if only because nobody else is going to want to ape that Wetherspoons prick’s approach to PR, but it would be nice to be told at some point.

1 hour ago, Molby said:

I did pay myself a salary but I read that because I’m the sole director I’m not able to go on furlough? Although the gov.uk website apparently says you can so might be able to get something at least. 

4 minutes ago, realtarragona said:

I did pay myself a salary but I read that because I’m the sole director I’m not able to go on furlough? Although the gov.uk website apparently says you can so might be able to get something at least. 

Yeah you can put yourself on furlough if you’re a director. HMRC have confirmed that 

Pay cuts announced for senior management in our company (in exchange for more annual leave), a number of contractors laid off, ominous talk of exploring further measures.

@sammy & a - Sorry mate - been late to this as I've been away from Social Media for a bit. Nothing more important than your Da right now. Praying he pulls through for you all.

Spain's curve is shocking.

21 days after their 1st death they have now had 769 die in a day

Italy's was 175 after 21 days, the UK 41 (admittedly in between days of 87 & 115)

Yep, Johnson has got it - all that 'strong man' shaking hands with infected people has clearly paid off for him. 

1 minute ago, Stevie H said:

f***ing hell, I don't know whether to laugh or cry here. Who is deputy prime minister?

Raab is the nominated person to take over.

1 minute ago, Stevie H said:

f***ing hell, I don't know whether to laugh or cry here. Who is deputy prime minister?

Just seen a tweet 

'give it to Big Sam till the end of the year' 

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Stevie H said:

don't suppose it matters as he's just been on saying he's working from home!! and whoever is deputy is true UK comedy style they've probably been in the same room with Boris for the last couple of weeks. 

He’s staying in charge and doing everything by video conference for now. But you have to wonder how many other cabinet ministers are infected. Or senior scientific and medical advisers for that matter. They are unlikely to all just develop mild symptoms.

Edited by Gilps

Just now, Gilps said:

He’s staying in charge and doing everything by video conference for now. But you have to wonder how many other cabinet ministers are infected. Or senior scientific and medical advisers for that matter.

Aye, those podiums weren't six foot apart were they?