By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Liverpool F.C. vs Huddersfield Town A.F.C - Friday 26 April 8pm

magneto

I think this is our 3rd Friday night fixture of the season and precedes the Barcelona away fixture next week (so a few days extra off to prepare for that match).

Need to be comfortably in the lead and then substitute our key players ahead of the Barca fixture.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gomez and Milner at full back here

Doubt it - I reckon they're both starting in Barcelona (Gomez at RB, Milner in MF) so I reckon Gomez gets 30 off the bench and Milner's only used if needed. Reckon if there's a selection surprise it'll be Sturridge starting up front or Lovren for VVD

Doubt it - I reckon they're both starting in Barcelona (Gomez at RB, Milner in MF) so I reckon Gomez gets 30 off the bench and Milner's only used if needed. Reckon if there's a selection surprise it'll be Sturridge starting up front or Lovren for VVD

Agree on Gomez v Barca so I'd get minutes in him here versus meager oppo

Milner is in for me as Robbo looked goosed v Cardiff and was apparently hobbling a bit after according to Neil Jones

For it to matter we'd have to draw one of the two after this anyway. It's really unlikely to go to goal difference anyway.

I was thinking if City lose tomorrow it'd mean we might be able to have a draw last game and win it.

I was thinking if City lose tomorrow it'd mean we might be able to have a draw last game and win it.

Yeah but it's still pretty unlikely that they lose one anyway. The goal difference ship sailed on Sunday I think. But if they do lose tomorrow it'd be 5 at worst so we smash Huddersfield and it's on. 

I guess a lot of it is about the team Jurgen has in mind for Barca. GK, CB, LB and the front 3 are (baring injury) nailed on.

RB for Barca is a choice between Gomez and TAA and I'd expect it to be Gomez.

CM I reckon he goes with Fab, Hendo and Milner - solid defensively and will provide support to the FBs

Team for Huddersfield will rest a couple of players and be more offensive

I'm torn on Joe. Want him back cos he's great when fit but coming back in at this stage where every mistake could be catastrophic i fear the rust and feel like we cut our losses on him for the rest of the season and stick with Matip. It's a tricky one.

I normally hate people saying “win the game and then make subs” but I would go with that now.

It’s almost the end of the season which is what they were all rested for and we can’t afford a slip.

exactly. In reality GD isn't going to come into play; we're 6GD behind and 8 goals. So let's forget about it for now. This means regardless of the result tomorrow, we have to win. If City lose & we draw one of our last 3, they're back in pole position. So a win is essential.

I'd take a 1-0 right now

I'm torn on Joe. Want him back cos he's great when fit but coming back in at this stage where every mistake could be catastrophic i fear the rust and feel like we cut our losses on him for the rest of the season and stick with Matip. It's a tricky one.

I think Matip has performed well enough to keep his place regardless if Gomez is fully fit. I think the odd 20 minutes or so as a sub will do him. Get him back in pre-season and let him show he has to be a starter next season.