By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Craft beer in cans

Gethin

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know the best way to get a few trays of craft beer at wholesale prices. Is there somewhere to buy online ?

Depending on the size of the brewery, you're often better contacting them direct. Smaller the brewery, the more likely they'll deal with you directly 

Thanks Ethan but not really that no.

With my veg boxes I’m researching recipe kits.

One recipe cropped up while I was reading this thread that needed a bottle of beer.

Basically I’d need a few dozen bottles, all the same, at a good price.

Sounds like something a small local brewery would jump at getting involved with. Especially if you did "one for the recipe, one for the chef" in the box - great advertising for them. If you were down this way there's a couple I could put you in touch with but you're Liverpool-ish aren't you? 

Another thing to consider: you might also have to get an alcohol license as you'd be selling alcohol 

Edited by Gethin

Sounds like something a small local brewery would jump at getting involved with. Especially if you did "one for the recipe, one for the chef" in the box - great advertising for them. If you were down this way there's a couple I could put you in touch with but you're Liverpool-ish aren't you?

Another thing to consider: you might also have to get an alcohol license as you'd be selling alcohol

I’m not licensed or regulated for f*** all.

I have a small theory that’s got me by in life which is that if you are small enough then you go under the radar. Yes there are exceptions, but I’d only worry about the authorities if my business was 10 times or more bigger than it is.

2 trays of beer for cooking .... who’s arsed ?

A couple of mates of mine own a micro brewery called Torrside - you could give them a bell. Lovely beer.

Do you know , this could be a nice way to meet and have a pint. Let me think it through, because believe it or not, not every recipe has ale in it!

I am in to the craft beers. Order most stuff direct from the breweries web site and they are nearly all 440 ml cans. Cloudwater from Manchester which have been voted 2nd best craft brewery in the world only tend to bottle limited edition releases which are 750ml. Like barrel aged stouts etc. Magic Rock and Deya are 2 other top craft breweries who can a lot of their stuff in 500 ml cans too. Verdant who are extremely popular for their new england style (cloudy/murky) IPA's only can. Northern Monk are another one who only can. I think the Welsh brewery Tiny Rebel are pretty much only canning now and another good Welsh brewery Loka Polly only sell in 440 cans that I have seen. "Most" people in to their craft beers tend to have it poured in to a glass anyway. A lot of your craft beer glasses are 2/3 of a pint too.

• 2 weeks later...

Paid a visit to our favourite brewery to pick up some stock earlier. Chatting to the brewer about this and his take on it was "f*** cans", so we should be OK with them for a while

Also had a delivery of a taster case from a new (to us) brewery, so spending tonight tasting 6 of their beers. It's a hard life.

Just got back from the USA/a cruise, and most of the (definitely not Craft) beers came in weird bottle/can hybrids. Bottle shaped, screw caps, 'metal' material, full cover branding.

They do those at concerts and sporting events a lot of the time, I think they just crush them afterwards

• 1 month later...

Does anyone want a free case of 8 beers (some possibly in cans) from Beer52?

You will need to join but you can instantly cancel your membership so you won't get charged for anything. The only thing I get out of it is some loyalty points.

Just saw this, can I give it a go?