By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

AS Roma (h) - Tue 24/4 7.45 pm

Kid Klopp

My first ever match thread.

We've played 5 games against roma, won 3 and lost 1. The last time we faced them was back in 2001, where Houllier famously made his comeback to Anfield after his heart operation.

Roma are in a similar league position to us - Sitting 4th with 60 points after 31 games, 20 points from the top spot.

Looking at goals for and against in the league+CL, Roma have scored 65 and conceded 38, compared to liverpool who have scored 108 and conceded 42, having played two games less.

Up front, Edin Džeko is the one to watch with 20 goals for the season so far. Their next most prolific is  El Shaarawy with 8. A fair bit away from Salah at 39 and Firmino on 24.

Other comparisons: Strootman is a starter for them in midfield - He is being kept out the Netherlands team by Wijnaldum though.

I reckon we'll win 4-1 and everyone will worry they'll do the same as they did to Barca 2nd leg. And they won't.

They would be daft to turn up to the first leg and try to play football. It's going to be a lot different to the city games

remember being next to their fans in the Anny Road end in the UEFA Cup the night we lost 1-0 to them and the Ref bottled a penalty decision for them, giving them a corner after pointing to the spot. They weren't happy and starting chucking coins at us after that.

Owen missed a pen that night too, iirc. The t***

remember being next to their fans in the Anny Road end in the UEFA Cup the night we lost 1-0 to them and the Ref bottled a penalty decision for them, giving them a corner after pointing to the spot. They weren't happy and starting chucking coins at us after that.

That was funny - the ref booked loads of their lads after it kicked off.

Edited by Stanley Leisure

That was a wild decision, I was getting throat slitting gestures from the away end that night haha.

yeah - loads of that. Also recall them singing some Man Utd song at us which was met with 'LAZIO, LAZIO, LAZIO' - and they didn't take too kindly to that either...

I forgot about that. God

then there was the Benfica (?) game - where their lad was down in the box injured & the ref was having none of it, wouldn't let the trainers on the pitch

Just looking at Roma's record in the CL this year. Their away record is abysmal P9 W1 D3 L5 and they've conceded 25 goals in those 9 games. The only away game they've won was at Qarabag

They've lost 3 of their 10 games, winning only 5.

Yes they tonked Barca 3-0 but they also got tonked 4-1 by Barca

I forgot about that. God

then there was the Benfica (?) game - where their lad was down in the box injured & the ref was having none of it, wouldn't let the trainers on the pitch

They've lost 3 of their 10 games, winning only 5.

Yes they tonked Barca 3-0 but they also got tonked 4-1 by Barca

Actually the stat I saw was their away games in the CL over the last 3 years, I misread it

we do get to empathise with them a bit though 'cos we've both had to suffer the follies of john arne riise.

they sold us Aquilani - they can get to f***

just realised - and Borini !!! We owe those muthas big style

Edited by Cobs