By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer Window Speculation

Ombudsam

10 minutes ago, WillG said:

Tom Werner is supreme leader… “there can be neither transfers today without yesterday nor tomorrow without transfers today.”

This year was worse than last year. On the bright side, this year will be better than next year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Swipe said:

We’re a bigger laughing stock than Spurs? What? 

It’s frustrating but jeez. 

it's like everyone's trying to outdo each other on bleakness.

50m for Lavia? With 2,230 mins under his belt. Hesitation is understandable - last Jan everyone was gagging for Enzo and he's looked s***e since.

• Like 3

Just now, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

50m for Lavia? With 2,230 mins under his belt. Hesitation is understandable - last Jan everyone was gagging for Enzo and he's looked s***e since.

Yeah it's a load of money but I think the frustration is more that we're obviously dead keen on him and we're messing about over a couple of million and losing valuable training time with him as a result.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

If you’re hesitating go for someone else then. Don’t dither and squabble over a few million for weeks 

Edited by RBM
  • Upvote 3

easy to say 'only' a few million when it's not your money. 

I'm sure they have data guys who give an accurate valuation of a player (in their data-driven opinions) and in this case Lavia isn't 'worth' 50m right now

I'm not backing the owners here, we need at least 1 more player but it's not as black & white as people make it out to be & I don't want this forum to go all Twitter 'doom & gloom' as we're generally more considered on here

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

I'm sure they have data guys who give an accurate valuation of a player (in their data-driven opinions) and in this case Lavia isn't 'worth' 50m right now

I'm not backing the owners here, we need at least 1 more player but it's not as black & white as people make it out to be & I don't want this forum to go all Twitter 'doom & gloom' as we're generally more considered on here

F*ck off with your Captain Sensible, if they f*ck this up again I want a full blown riot!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

Like the probability guys in Zero Dark Thirty 

That's an FSG meeting 

1 hour ago, Jarg Armani said:

I think it's a sort of gaslighting when we have had our expectations managed and ground down over a number of years, so that we don't even kick up a fuss anymore, and even make the club's excuses for them, so they don't even need to do one of their - previously popular - mealy mouthed apologies.

My Missus is an academic who works on the effects of domestic violence on children. She’ll know and will appreciate me ringing her at work to ask her about her field of expertise and how it effects me and Liverpool’s transfer policy.

Back in 5 lads.

• Like 1

Just now, sammy & a said:

My Missus is an academic who works on the effects of domestic violence on children. She’ll know and will appreciate me ringing her at work to ask her about her field of expertise and how it effects me and Liverpool’s transfer policy.

Back in 5 lads.

It's coercive control tell her.

7 minutes ago, Boca said:

Southampton are getting £35m from Newcastle for Tino Livarmento (nope never heard of him) so they're not going to be strapped for cash. 

Pacey right back who missed a year with a cruciate ligament injury - one of our guys will get sacked for missing him off the list 

16 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

If we have a ceiling we're not going above we should have bid that value last week, if it gets rejected move onto next target, not mess around and waste more time first.

If there's not a next target we're f***ed.

5 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

Pacey right back who missed a year with a cruciate ligament injury - one of our guys will get sacked for missing him off the list 

BBC saying the fee is £40m and he's 20 years old, has missed a year through injury and has a total of 30 first team appearances. 

N

4 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

It's coercive control tell her.

There was an Archers storyline about that and I was telling her how bad it was and she was all like “Why do you find it interesting now? This is what I do all day”

and I was like “Yeah… TO ME!!!!!!!”

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

Yeah think that’s fair. But if the club really don’t want to pay what Southampton want then they just need to move on. Find the alternative and get him done. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Swipe said:

Yeah think that’s fair. But if the club really don’t want to pay what Southampton want then they just need to move on. Find the alternative and get him done. 

I don't get this. Why would you want them to move on from the player they really want.

There aren't loads of good 6's available.

I'm sure a deal will be done here.

12 minutes ago, Swipe said:

yeah, agree with that. I mean, by all accounts Sot'on supporters are saying he's the best they've seen. Its not my money so I would go in 50m for him, he came from City & there's a high chance they'll buy him back. Don't want to regret not buying him. BUT if we do & he doesnt' work out.....Ah-dunno

7 minutes ago, Falconhoof said:

I don't get this. Why would you want them to move on from the player they really want.

There aren't loads of good 6's available.

I'm sure a deal will be done here.

Because Southampton might not take a penny less than the price they’re quoting. And what then? What if we go to the end of the window thinking ‘they’ll buckle and take less eventually” and they don’t?

Lots of ifs there of course and hopefully it just gets done (I think it will too) but I was replying to Macca who said it was understandable there was hesitation to pay £50m. It is, but we don’t have the wiggle room to f*** about. 

Plus if they end up just paying £50m when we could have done that weeks ago it’ll be a little annoying too. 

1 minute ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

yeah, agree with that. I mean, by all accounts Sot'on supporters are saying he's the best they've seen. Its not my money so I would go in 50m for him, he came from City & there's a high chance they'll buy him back. Don't want to regret not buying him. BUT if we do & he doesnt' work out.....Ah-dunno

Yeah it is a lot and obviously this is what negotiating is. I think I’ve just officially got to the ‘okay lads let’s get this done or move on’ stage. Anyone else coming in now might not be ready to play for a month. 

• Like 1