By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

So, Striker then

baja the hut

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huntelaar and Walcott across the next two windows would show the club is genuinely interested in being able to compete on two or more fronts next season. Those two, Suarez, Sterling, Borini and Aissaidi is a six with options. Suspect we'd get gazumped for Huntelaar.

This is how it always begins...just when you think you get out of the incredulous 'if we get these we'll be amazing..' they pull ya back in...

and like a moth to a flame...

I'm in :-)

Edited by Chewie

Walcott hasn't been 'that' injured and he STILL isn't being played ahead of Gervinho, Podolski or Giroud up front and won't play in front of Oxlade when he's fully fit. He's way down their options now. Wenger likes loyalty and Walcott has shown disloalty. He'll be away. Can see Spurs, Newcastle (new money) and maybe Utd going for him. A couple of European teams too.

Our first team will be capable of challenging for top 4 yeah, but our squad still would need our youngsters to come good. The likes of Shelvey, Suso, Hendo, Borini and Sterling have to show that they are capable of stepping up when needed. The other top 4 contenders have star players on the bench. Think our backup defenders are just fine for now.

Ok so here goes ;-)

Reina ...........Jones

Johnson.........Wisdom

Agger...........Coates

Skrtl.............Carra (need one)

Enrique.........Robinson (need one)

Lucas........Henderson

Allen..........Shelvey

Sahin.........Suso

Gerrard......Sterling

Suarez......Borini

Walcott....... Assaidi

plus he scores when he likes downing

Backed up by more kids..

And if ya wanna go controversial have a front three of

Walcott......Suarez

...........Nando.....

And Stevie plays wherever Brendan likes :-)

From my point of view, there's a touch of curiosity re Torres, but how much would people be happy about paying?

£10m tops, for me. And that just wont happen.

Furthermore, i'd only take that punt if we had enough money to buy another striker as well as him, just in case it turns out that he is just sh*t now, rather than 'out of form'.

I think Walcott's happening by the way.

He'll do well here with our style of play. Can play anywhere across the front 3 too

I hope we do sign him

Indeed. Athletico are level on points at the top. They aren't going to throw away their best title shot in years

They wont have a title challenge. Not strong enough, but they have an opportunity to get back into the CL and with the money that earns them they would be stupid to sell their best player before the end of the season

He's been injured though hasn't he

Sure I heard he was returning from injury at the weekend. And my hearing is pretty damn good

Dont think he has been injured all season, hes just not been playing

He did miss some games after getting injured in the san marino game though

From my point of view, there's a touch of curiosity re Torres, but how much would people be happy about paying?

£10m tops, for me. And that just wont happen.

Furthermore, i'd only take that punt if we had enough money to buy another striker as well as him, just in case it turns out that he is just sh*t now, rather than 'out of form'.

Water under the bridge with Torres, he's not the plasyer he was some years ago. The sulky little child.

Re Torres

Looking at the player is he now and forgetting all the history, which I think is the best thing to do here, would you look at him and go "ahhh yes that is what we need to improve us".

My answer is NO.

Some of the free transfers available next summer

Walcott

Sturridge

Llorente

Huntelaar

Holtby

Honda

Mbiwa

Sissoko Moussa

Think we have been linked with all of them in the past

Let's go mental and sign them all

I reckon we could go to 15mil for Torres based on the marketing dollars he would generate being back. Of course this is assuming that he fits as a player and wants to take a pay cut to come back.

Just as likely they offer him and 50mil for falcao though.

As I understood it part of the loan agreement was that if WH stay up they will buy him for 17m

17m is a good price for him. I don't see him scoring more than 5 goals this season. If we can get couple of those free transfers, we should be able to spend the money we get from Carroll on Sahin or his replacement.

Don't think it was included in the end, Carroll refused it

No there is a clause but undisclosed fee

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19422144

Edited by Wunderbar