By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

So, Striker then

baja the hut

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd do that deal. Not sure Chelsea would. Torres would make them pay him off to take the wage cut.

Would have been great to have kept him to play alongside Suarez and not purchase Carroll. But I think the Torres to us boat has sailed (too expensive and not the player he was, although undoubtedly he has still talent and better than most of our current options).

I think there is far more better value for money in Huntelaar (who is still in form, has played with Luis before, 6 months left on his contract, and only a year older).

Hope this random link is true...

http://www.nationalturk.com/en/klaas-jan-huntelaar-have-agreed-with-liverpool-for-the-transfer-season-re-open-epl-transfer-news-27445

I think Walcott's happening by the way.

Why's that?

Indeed. Athletico are level on points at the top. They aren't going to throw away their best title shot in years

Particularly as them being level on points at the top comes with the added bonus of them therefore being 8 points clear of Real Madrid.

Why's that?

His situation at Arsenal isn't changing, in fact he's playing less. Arsenal will need to get money for him. Shares an agent with Rodgers. We're going to feel we have to get a name in in January. There was genuine interest over the summer. He fits the bill perfectly. I don't see other top clubs clamouring for him or breaking wage structures or any of that.

Nothing WHOA there I know.

His situation at Arsenal isn't changing, in fact he's playing less. Arsenal will need to get money for him. Shares an agent with Rodgers. We're going to feel we have to get a name in in January. There was genuine interest over the summer. He fits the bill perfectly. I don't see other top clubs clamouring for him or breaking wage structures or any of that.

Nothing 'WHOA' but still a reasonable assertion. I'm not quite sure what's going on at Arsenal in general at the moment to be honest but it's difficult enough trying to work out who they're keeping, playing, selling, letting run down a contract etc at the best of times.

There's been a few murmurings about Huntelaar on twitter. He'd be awesome - he's a goal machine.

Huntelaar and Walcott across the next two windows would show the club is genuinely interested in being able to compete on two or more fronts next season. Those two, Suarez, Sterling, Borini and Aissaidi is a six with options. Suspect we'd get gazumped for Huntelaar.

Huntelaar and Walcott across the next two windows would show the club is genuinely interested in being able to compete on two or more fronts next season. Those two, Suarez, Sterling, Borini and Aissaidi is a six with options. Suspect we'd get gazumped for Huntelaar.

Agree with all of that. There'll be a lot of interest in Huntelaar. We'd need to move quick and make a brilliant offer. History suggests we won't.

by who?

I can't see anyone in spain or Italy going for him, united don't need him, don't think Chelsea are interested , and Wenger won't buy anyone in January

Can see Spurs, Arsenal & Juve all being interested for starters.

Can see Spurs, Arsenal & Juve all being interested for starters.

he's too old for Arsenal , and I suspect for spurs as well

and he's already kind of flopped in Italy, that might put off Italian clubs

Bayern Munich could be a possibility though

If we are going to play this way, then we need flying machines up front who can finish so he probably does fit the bill. The owners are also more likely to push the boat out given his age than they were with Dempsey.

WHOA?

huntelaar wants the prem. he's not re-signing at schalke.

by the same token he may be too old for us too, Hass. personally think spurs will be interested.

we should be too. if only because he's a striking option we know can work with suarez in a 433.

Edited by yellow jumper

Age would be as much a barrier for us as it would be for the others.

He'd be fine for a 2-3 year deal. In the last year he would be subbing in for someone who is younger and better.

Just don't think he'll ultimately be good enough.

Fair enough. The main thing he's missing for me is speed of thought.

Would take the the treacherous spanish palamino for a price similar to what we initially paid for him. He can do better than he is and he and suarez would be take teams apart like roast chicken.