By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

So, Striker then

baja the hut

maybe we've been lucky with defenders, but carra, agger, hyypia, henchoz were safe hands (the latter quite literally). don't remember any of them either giving away a pen or being caught glaringly out of position every game. skrtel is more like traore in that respect, but because he doesnt have bambi legs he doesnt look as clumsy

You've had a mare the last couple of days.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you suggest? Play a diamond when Lucas is back?

Sterling Suarez

Gerrard

Sahin Allen

Lucas

Johnson Agger Skrtel Wisdom

Reina

Brendan should really consider playing this formation until we buy someone in Jan imo. Makes the defense tighter and pushes Gerrard forward, where he is the most effective.

So, 442 then.

With the likes of Sterling about who says it can't be a fluid 3, just with someone else mobile enough but also knows where the goal is.

A lot is being made of this, not sure why. Rodgers has never played this way. Even Barcelona's forwards have defined positions - they don't even swap that much, no more than usual anyway. Don't know where this obsession has come from really. Not having a go at you but i've seen it loads over the last few months.

thats a tackle you see all the time and its never a pen.

Aye.

Fouls that happen following an attacking player actually doing something they wanted to do without being impeded aren't seen as fouls for some reason.

I.e. if you take a shot in the box, and it goes over - but a split second after you've got your clean shot away you get snapped - it's never given as a pen. Just seems to be the way. Skrtel would have been massively unlucky to give that away.

that's not how Rodgers sees it

even when we had borini fit, he had to play on the wing

I think we need to buy a right sided player who can score 10-15 goals rather than a poacher

Yep.

Fouls that happen following an attacking player actually doing something they wanted to do without being impeded aren't seen as fouls for some reason.

I.e. if you take a shot in the box, and it goes over - but a split second after you've got your clean shot away you get snapped - it's never given as a pen. Just seems to be the way. Skrtel would have been massively unlucky to give that away.

It's a weird one, It should be given as a penalty but it's never given (apart from in FIFA 11 )

I dont know, but, outside the penalty, if someone gets cleaned out when he is crossing, passing or shooting as he hits the ball, Its a foul.

in the area, its "putting someone under pressure" and is never given.

It's probably got to do with being in control of the ball. If you've just passed it or taken a shot, you're not in control of it.

I know that doesn't make sense in terms of the actual rules, but I bet that's what it is.

Edited by cymrococh

I dont know, but, outside the penalty, if someone gets cleaned out when he is crossing, passing or shooting as he hits the ball, Its a foul.

in the area, its "putting someone under pressure" and is never given.

" Shepherding the ball out of play "

f*** OFF :rant:

Never thought I'd say it but I'd take him back. not the player he one was but still better than what we've got. never going to happen tho.

My money is on Walcott. The longer it goes on without him signing a new contract the more convinced I am. I'd be well happy with that too as he wouldn't be too expensive.

Never thought I'd say it but I'd take him back. not the player he one was but still better than what we've got. never going to happen tho.

My money is on Walcott. The longer it goes on without him signing a new contract the more convinced I am. I'd be well happy with that too as he wouldn't be too expensive.

how much would he cost us in new money? (fee plus wages)

a 41212 is a 442 played as a diamond. Eighties style, Hoddle's England style and Ancelotti Chelsea style.

Yeah, but more easily expressed as 4-1-2-1-2. 4-4-2 suggests the defence and midfield are equal lines across the pitch.

I like the idea of 3-4-1-2. Don't think we have the players for it yet. Or the Dortmund formation ( not the RAF one )

----------Wisdom-----Agger--------

Johnson------Gerrard-----??????

-----------Shelvey / Lucas-----Allen-----------

-------------------Sahin / Shelvey----------

-----------Suarez------Sterling-------

???? would ideally be someone like Baines. Robinson in a couple of years hopefully. Ultimately though i think we need a couple of more experienced players.

Also like to see Assaidi tried centrally. The lad's got game.