By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Paul Gascoigne

Even when he's clean & sober he always seems on the edge. I wouldn't want anyone institutionalised but it does seem like he needs permanent round-the-clock care.

Surely it's not just drink that's done that to him?

A real shame. Genius of a player and despite some of his black moments a decent man too.

What you basing this on? He's obviously unwell, and that's sad, but I'm intrigued to know what makes you think that he's a decent bloke?

Should have signed for us.

He would still have major mental health problems. I think it was always going to catch up with him one way or the other. I read his biography on holiday for a laugh once. It has quite a few dark parts to it.

What you basing this on? He's obviously unwell, and that's sad, but I'm intrigued to know what makes you think that he's a decent bloke?

A few stories I've heard mainly. The minibus story suggests he might have a decent streak.

If you haven't heard it, he was driving through Glasgow on a sunday morning when he saw a beaten up old minibus broken down at the side of the road. The local youth club side were going to miss kick off. Apparently Gazza paid for cabs and bought them a new team bus. John Barnes raves about him as a good lad in his book too.Smacking his missus is unforgivable but as you say, he's obviously unwell.

I'm sure most have read his books. To me it stood out how his family had used him over the years and really didn't give him the support he needed.

One story from it was a motorbike he got gifted to him in Italy, it would costs a few quid. Anyway he give it to his father. Few years later, he decided he wanted to use it and asked for it off his father, who may him pay him for it, not just a few quid either.

He has his problems for sure and has also inflicted problems onto others.

One story from it was a motorbike he got gifted to him in Italy, it would costs a few quid. Anyway he give it to his father. Few years later, he decided he wanted to use it and asked for it off his father, who may him pay him for it, not just a few quid either.

Are you posting this as Gazza?

He's very supportive of other figures having public breakdowns, even if they have killed people. Especially good at supplying fast food and fishing equipment to help out.

There will be thousands and thousands at his funreal. That's what is sad to me. People only care when you're dead. See Alex Higgins as a recent example.

i think lots of people care about Gazza - but his issues are way beyond affections of the public

He claims that not getting the appropriate help after seeing his friend killed by a reversing van (IIRC) set off a lot of his problems.

Even today, the sound of a van beeping at short, regular intervals can trigger a 10 day binge.

He's very supportive of other figures having public breakdowns, even if they have killed people. Especially good at supplying fast food and fishing equipment to help out.

That was incredible.

Simply beyond parody.