By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

'The economy is safe with the Tories'

Mike

1 hour ago, Bailo said:

No, luckily having sold the house and savings means I can take a few months to consider options. It's pretty scary but I can't hack where I'm at now, it's going to kill me. 

Sorry to hear that, Bailo. 

But fair play to you for being brave enough to make the tough decision before it really affects your health and wellbeing. 

Thanks chaps. 

Drove home Friday night after a particularly hard day and I honestly thought I was having a heart attack. Had to pull over and calm down. Last straw really. 

• Love 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bailo said:

Thanks chaps. 

Drove home Friday night after a particularly hard day and I honestly thought I was having a heart attack. Had to pull over and calm down. Last straw really. 

Look after yourself Bailo. 

Deffo sounds like a career move is a good idea. 

Probably wise to see your GP too, if you haven't already, and just check all is OK. 

11 hours ago, Bailo said:

Thanks chaps. 

Take care of yourself mate 

You should come and teach in the ME

10 hours ago, Tommok said:

Probably wise to see your GP too, if you haven't already, and just check all is OK. 

He'll probably find a new job, work wo years,  and then retire before managing to get a GP appointment 

She also confirmed Sir Keir and herself have undergone unconscious bias training - and it was "useful to understand how sometimes different patterns of behaviour can become entrenched".

I f***ing bet it was.  

Man is obsessed with turning his father’s unpopularity and difficulty in general social situations into something that would have Martin Luther King bursting into floods of tears.  

5 minutes ago, smithdown said:

She also confirmed Sir Keir and herself have undergone unconscious bias training - and it was "useful to understand how sometimes different patterns of behaviour can become entrenched".

I f***ing bet it was.  

Man is obsessed with turning his father’s unpopularity and difficulty in general social situations into something that would have Martin Luther King bursting into floods of tears.  

He probably pissed the entire training session off by repeatedly asking "But why isn't being mean to factory owners a hate crime?" 

50 minutes ago, Redwire said:

Sizzit -

Keir Starmer has an ongoing fixation with the idea that white working class voters in the Red Wall are all anti-immigration racists. While immigration was a central factor in the Brexit vote in such constituencies, this outlook is lacking on two fronts.

First, that working class communities are more multicultural than the rest of society; and second, that Brexit was largely an expression of the desire for radical change to improve their standard of living. Indeed private polling by the TSSA union before the 2019 election presented straight choices between tightening the borders and Jeremy Corbyn’s transformative policies. Most respondents picked progressive change. This underlines the huge potential to win working class communities with a serious programme and a positive narrative to address race and class disadvantage simultaneously and together.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Hassony said:

You should come and teach in the ME

I would second that, the lifestyle is much better here. There should be loads of jobs posted on TES right now for the start of the new academic year.

Edited by Owen1978
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, smithdown said:

Sizzit -

Keir Starmer has an ongoing fixation with the idea that white working class voters in the Red Wall are all anti-immigration racists. While immigration was a central factor in the Brexit vote in such constituencies, this outlook is lacking on two fronts.

First, that working class communities are more multicultural than the rest of society; and second, that Brexit was largely an expression of the desire for radical change to improve their standard of living. Indeed private polling by the TSSA union before the 2019 election presented straight choices between tightening the borders and Jeremy Corbyn’s transformative policies. Most respondents picked progressive change. This underlines the huge potential to win working class communities with a serious programme and a positive narrative to address race and class disadvantage simultaneously and together.

They know it I reckon. They just don't want it. They'd rather have the sh*t version, the fear and no change.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jarg Armani said:

They know it I reckon. They just don't want it. They'd rather have the sh*t version, the fear and no change.

“we’ve got the photo with Doreen Lawrence!”

”thank god!”

”so that’s that lot all sorted, what’s happening Wednesday?”

”just to be on the safe side we are all going to Peterborough to talk gravely about Sunderland”

4 hours ago, Owen1978 said:

I would second that, the lifestyle is much better here. There should be loads of jobs posted on TES right now for the start of the new academic year.

We've only just moved to Yorkshire, don't think my family would move again to the ME!