Sign in to follow this  
smithdown

The blues

The people's club managed 18,000 at their glamour pre-season friendly last night.

Where the trains from North Wales not running?

There were loads more but they were all wearing this, don't bother looking for it in the shops cos you won't find it

Everton_keeper_camo.png

"DON'T SHOOT!"

The Blues abuse...

...racially abuse a black ballboy at the friendly against Bohs (1-1) in Dublin last night, that is, four or five of the 80 or so fans who came over for it, apparently. Heskey got a similar mention in one song, and they had to be told by stewards to stop shouting racist stuff at Everton players :wacko: later on too (another report has one of them being ejected by the stewards for this).

Edited by Coyler

Apparently this is not a pisstake.

Fans Meet Ken Billwright

Bill went on to tell a story concerning Keith Harris; he’d put forward two guys who, in his opinion, were suitable potential owners of Everton Football Club. Harris claimed the two guys controlled a hedge fund; one was the head of ICI in the Far East and a second an inventor. They conducted due diligence and Everton were ready to sign an agreement when Bill smelt a rat; investigators discovered that ICI had never heard of the person concerned, he actually lived in one bedroom flat, and the second guy, the inventor, was based in Manchester.

:lol:

Barry asked, seeing that Liverpool is now owned by the Boston Red Sox, if any enquiries had been made of the Steinbrenner family who own the New York Yankees? Bill replied “Yes, every avenue has been explored. You either believe me or don’t believe me. What more can I do?”

WTF? How sad is that? Desperate to be owned by the yankess because our owners also own The Red Sox?

Bill answered,.Tell me, what has riled you since Chelsea?” Mark answered, “The week after Chelsea we heard that seventh was as good as it gets for Everton, that we don’t need a billionaire…that we want to do our business early and that Louis Saha slept in an oxygen tent…Bill, “Maybe he does….”

Actually, maybe I've been duped and this is a pisstake.

Brilliant, should have had a warning buzzer "Vehicle Reversing". You could read the embarrassment from the Everton fans when he claimed we were not sold :D

Oh and If I were interviewing him and he'd continually called me 'son' I'd of chinned the fat c***

Edited by Nothing to do with Texas

Mark, “We’ve heard nothing since Bill…James Vaughan left, that’s it, no other news, no transfers.” Bill responded, “We’ve got no money”

Simon, “Bill, we’ve had almost £30m over the last 12months; £9m from Bellefield, we’ve sold Pienaar, we’ve sold Vaughan, we’ve had loan fees…..Bill, “Yes, I got £1m for Yakubu”

Mark & Barry, “Where has it gone Bill?” Bill, “85p in the pound goes back into Finch Farm……football isn’t rocket science, matchday, player sales and television goes into one budget; what do you think is happening with the money?”

Purslow would be proud of that.

The issue over Finch Farm was laughable. They sold it for £9m, then rent it for £1m a year for 50 years. So they're basically loaning £9m and paying back £50m for the privilege. Think they had a buy-back clause but it expired.

Edited by Sion

Apparently this is not a pisstake.

Fans Meet Ken Billwright

:lol:

Kenwright: "in fairness to the council, even the guy before …I’d phone him every other day and I’d say please please give me something in Liverpool; he phones me up two years ago, I’ve got the answer…I’ve read it up, I’ve sorted it out, every Evertonian pays £10k for their seat for the next 10 years. What can you say when someone says that to you…"

:lol: :lol: fkin ell, shouldnt laugh really but after we went through hell with G&H it feels good to let out a good chuckle!

This from the comments section...

Idiots, fickle fans. Most of you are dealing with leftover mommy syndrome; I want i want i want…

A football club, among other things, is a business. If profits are not there, then you don’t (deficit) spend 10 mill every summer. Kenwright is running the club prudently, not like Portsmouth or Newcastle, and not like City. Thank God. He and Moyes have built a tremendous and loyal squad capable of finishing top four, and the youth are among the most promising in the Premier League. Once we earn champions league all these phony union groups will shut it, and Moyes will have the investment he needs to add to the roster and pay down debts.

Oh and by the way, why are some of these supporters so incapable of doing a little research on their own. Much of this info regarding accounts and debts and revenue is available online at various sites. Lazy and incompetent you are.

Yup. As soon as Everton get Champions League football everything will be just fine.

Kenwright: "every Evertonian pays £10k for their seat for the next 10 years. What can you say when someone says that to you…"

How many season tickets is that based on?

if it's 10,000 seasies - a conservative estimate? Then this bit of maths Bill has proposed means the quoted cost of this stadium is a 1 followed by 9 zeroes.

all I can see is every other Football Club in the country wanting to be like Everton Football Club; every one of them, every single one of them

and

you’re worried about the future because he’s just said ‘ah yeah but we haven’t spent in the transfer window’, if that’s what we’ve got to worry about guys, considering what’s going on in the world, Norway, East Africa

unbelievable.

Simon, “What about our mate?” Bill, “Who?” Simon, “Philip Green; would he not be interested in it?” Bill, “No.” Mark, “What’s his involvement Bill?” Bill, “Philip Green? He’s just the best advisor you can have in the history of the world” Mark, “You’re saying there’s no money involved then Bill?” Bill, “He’s not interested. He would say to me, [mockney accent] “Bill, Bill, Bill, if I put facking money into Everton Football Club you think Liverpool fans would buy from Topshop?” He’s not interested; he’s a total genius when it comes to money, he’s like Mozart is to music…he’s great with the bank, he’s just…well… he’s just an advisor; but he’s great at that. Now if I said, “Philip I don’t want your advice” he’d be thrilled…he’s kept me going through terrible times, he’s like that with his mates….anyway, go on…”

Jesus tap-dancing christ. It's like David Brent owning a football club.

if it ihadn't a bin for those Reds not shopping at top shop.

Edited by Gomez

"you’re worried about the future because he’s just said ‘ah yeah but we haven’t spent in the transfer window’, if that’s what we’ve got to worry about guys, considering what’s going on in the world, Norway, East Africa"

that's beautiful, man.

Apparently Everton are taking legal advice over the publication of the transcript.

The club suing their own fans. Good PR there.

Apparently Everton are taking legal advice over the publication of the transcript.

The club suing their own fans. Good PR there.

They're great entertainment.

They loved our brief flirt with administration and now it's gonna be their turn.

FSG should let 'em go bust and buy them for a pittance. Snap up Jagielka, Baines and Arteta. Buy Goodision and bulldoze it for either a LFC reserves mini-stadium or a multi-storey car park. Re-start the club as amateurs, call them Bitters FC and make them play in red.

FSG should let 'em go bust and buy them for a pittance. Snap up Jagielka, Baines and Arteta. Buy Goodision and bulldoze it for either a LFC reserves mini-stadium or a multi-storey car park. Re-start the club as amateurs, call them Bitters FC and make them play in red.

:D

Thats why people are not allowed to own multiple clubs!

Its fun to see them seem happy to not lose too many of their players to bigger teams and call it a successful summer. Their best moment of the summer was to see us sign 'Henderson for 20 mil' (even though we didnt pay that). Haha.

Edited by carrafan

Thats why people are not allowed to own multiple clubs!

Fair point. It should be the new remit of SOS & ShareLiverpool then.

Or us YNWAers could put a tenner or something in.

Fair point. It should be the new remit of SOS & ShareLiverpool then.

Or us YNWAers could put a tenner or something in.

Tenner? I hope we get the training ground thrown in with that!!

Edited by domlfc

Where is Stonebridge Cross ?

East Lancs

Gilmoss/Crocky borders, I think. Over the roadish from the Showcase where there's a massive sewage farm (honest)

And, my word, anyone who goes "GET ME KEIH HARRIS ON THE PHONE NOW, LUV!" at his secretary needs to get his head panned in.

"you’re worried about the future because he’s just said ‘ah yeah but we haven’t spent in the transfer window’, if that’s what we’ve got to worry about guys, considering what’s going on in the world, Norway, East Africa"

that's beautiful, man.

That deserves a dig, doesn't it? The lads have taken time off work to go down there to see him and he comes out with that? Next line should have read Barry: slap, slap, slap slap Mark: oof! oof! take that and oof! Bill: ow! not the face, son! not the hair! ow! ow!

He's like an inverted Purslow with the contempt he shows for these supporters. The same, but different.

Edited by smithdown