By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Emre Can

David Hodgson

He's was clearly very highly rated by Bayern. Makes you wonder why sell him for £4m rather than loan him out. It seems they have dropped a b****** on the buy back clause as it didnit prevent overseas sale. Has Ayre been moonlighting?

It's the same thing that Real Madrid did with Carvajal and are looking to do with Moreno as well.I guess the idea is that the other club is more inclined to back the player if they own him rather than just loan. The key for it to work though is that the player is desperate to go back to their original club, which Can clearly wasn't.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From about an hours worth of footage, with some duplication, i thought he looked composed on the ball and tactically versatile and the goal he scored against Mexico showed that once up to speed, he can go past a player. Just lacked a bit of acceleration, pace but then so did Xabi.

He looks a potential star with not as much improvement required as someone like Alberto to adjust to this league and our system. Like someone said, German efficiency with some Turkish delight.

Yeah, he has really good feet looking at the clips, which will really help with the lack of real pace

He's was clearly very highly rated by Bayern. Makes you wonder why sell him for £4m rather than loan him out. It seems they have dropped a b****** on the buy back clause as it didnit prevent overseas sale. Has Ayre been moonlighting?

Presumably they could buy him now if they wanted to as well but have chosen not to?

Saying all that he looks great.

Those every touch Youtube clips are great cos you get warts and all

He loves passing to them. But that aside!

I've never seen him play, haven't watched the YouTube clips, don't know where he plays and never heard of him until next week. But I've decided he's the player Sahin should have been.

To the tune of Wu Tang Clan ain't nothing to f**k with.....

"If you want beef than bring the ruckus,

Emre Can ain't nothing to f**k wit"

Just an idea.......!!

Anywhoo don't know too much amount him but I have a good feeling about this guy. No shame being let go by Bayern considering the midfield they have plus he's off the back of a decent season (so I'm told)

Here comes the shake

The speed-decade wake

I see you wake, shake

Fit on those overalls

What do you know about this world anyway?

I see a man

With an airfield plan

I caught a boy fall out of the sky

Emery, Emery, Emery Emery Can

In collective fame

Nassau club day

(Across a curved earth)

In collective fame

(The eventful work-outs)

Nassau club day

Here comes the flag

I'm walking in the black

Every time you touch this place

It feels like sin

Every time the handshake starts

The face draws thin

Here comes the son

The Emre Can son

In here the son shines so bright

Eyes blind

In collective fame

Nassau club day

(Across a curved earth)

In collective fame

(The eventful work-outs)

Nassau club day

Here comes the flag

Hand-shake

This world

Here comes the flag

Hand-shake

This world

Hand-shake

Here comes the shake

The speed-decade wake

I see you wake, shake

Fit on those overalls

I see a man

With an airfield plan

I caught a boy fall out of the sky

In collective fame

Nassau club day

(Across a curved earth)

In collective fame

(The eventful work-outs)

Nassau club day

Here comes the flag

I'm walking in the black

Every time you touch this place

It feels like sin

Every time the handshake starts

The face draws thin

Here comes the son

The Emre Can son

In here the son shines so bright

Eyes blind

In collective fame

Nassau club day

(Across a curved earth)

In collective fame

(The eventful work-outs)

Nassau club day

Here comes the flag

Hand-shake

This world

Here comes the flag

Hand-shake

This world

Hand-shake

aces

and no c*** will know the song, except Cobs*

*and the like

Presumably they could buy him now if they wanted to as well but have chosen not to?

Saying all that he looks great.

Those every touch Youtube clips are great cos you get warts and all

He loves passing to them. But that aside!

Apparently not no.

The buy back only applied to stop a transfer to another German side, but as we met the release clause Bayern were powerless.

I could be spectacularly wrong on this.

Apparently not no.

The buy back only applied to stop a transfer to another German side, but as we met the release clause Bayern were powerless.

I could be spectacularly wrong on this.

Bayern could have offered Leverkusen the same money though, or an extra £5 if they think it's be too rich for us.

Bayern could have offered Leverkusen the same money though, or an extra £5 if they think it's be too rich for us.

I guess so yes but they weanted him back next summer.

This is the Guardian take:

Bayern had a buy-back option on the Frankfurt-born player, who has operated as a holding midfielder and at left-back during his brief career, and were reportedly keen on taking Can back to Munich next summer. But the option did not apply to a sale outside Germany, enabling Liverpool to capitalise and Leverkusen to make a quick profit on the £4.4m they paid Bayern for Can last summer.

I'm choosing to believe we've had one over Bayern.

Some Leverkusen fans opinion.

http://www.werkself....an/index53.html

"Is currently one of the more important players ... one of the few that act mentally fit!"

"I think everyone in the stadium was has seen that he is the only one who runs a lost ball afterwards"

"Can is at least a little light in the darkness .... Leverkusen"

"Has me today well-liked again. Always with full commitment.

Negative - sometimes he exaggerates the with the tricks. It's annoying."

"THANK YOU for this combative top performance. Crowned with a gate. Find him centrally in good hands before the defense. Physically robust, strong on the ball"

"a monster beast :-) "

"The Sky commentator called him out of the gate "Forrest" Can .......: D "Run Forrest!"

"He is one of our greatest talents. I look forward to the new season with him!"

"I would not cast for 25! The Vidal has potential!" Think that's meant to come out wouldn't sell for 25m, he has Vidal potential.

"That would be a big loss for us. But realistically, it was clear from the beginning that he will play here do not last forever. "

"12 million euros is too little and makes no sense for us."

"It was the season positively conspicuous in his younger years already absolute top performer and by the presence. On the one hand it would be very very very sad, as he does the force well and it reminds me of the mentality increasingly AV23. On the other hand, as already mentioned by other users here 14.7 million as opposed to 6-7 million of Bavaria (ie Bayer again instructor for the farmers) economically profitable"

""The boy is just an animal! I see in him Yaya Toure always ..."

"Emre would have been sooner or later anyway away.

He has made this season well, and it's got great potential. So much so that we had lost him next season with safety to the Bavarians.

And since it is better for me, a foreign club gets him for good money as the FCB."

"Overall, I am afraid that the rumor is very credible. It would be a shame to the players , but we had to all be so clear that the boy would not play with his dubious contract situation with appropriate performance here forever."

"12 million only because Cans versatility too little. He can play DM, he can play defense AND he revived the game forward. Furthermore, one must for such a young player, from which his new club can benefit so many years athletic, prinipiell significantly more demanding than for an older.

I could puke again."

"I remember too well the first season of Arturo here. :-)

The Arturo our version 2.0."

"Bender and Can in the DM are bomb. Because there is nothing better in the future in Buli."

"Alone this Beefy, athletic body, coupled with Dynamics, will and power. Since a geis can not keep up.

Emre can is a beast! "

"The man has an incredible presence on the square and is an excellent fighter.

The finish would be a huge loss for Bayer04."

"you must recognize that can fits perfectly with his style of play to England. Think he will be a good number here."

"very good for us, good luck in England"

"The Emre had super moments here: impressive mental & physical presence, plus very good footballing facilities. I'm sorry already."

"Generally, it is certainly unfortunate, but it should be remembered just what options we have as Bayer 04 here. We are not a top address for such players, we're not interesting enough"

Bayern had a buy-back option on the Frankfurt-born player, who has operated as a holding midfielder and at left-back during his brief career, and were reportedly keen on taking Can back to Munich next summer. But the option did not apply to a sale outside Germany, enabling Liverpool to capitalise and Leverkusen to make a quick profit on the £4.4m they paid Bayern for Can last summer.

I think the truth is Bayern would've liked him to stay at Leverkusen til they were good and ready for him, but he thought f*** that because he wanted top flight football now. And more dough. Obv.

Possible. We'll have connections there.

I think the truth is Bayern would've liked him to stay at Leverkusen til they were good and ready for him, but he thought f*** that because he wanted top flight football now. And more dough. Obv.

Aye. Which in my mind is we've shafted Bayern for the new Yaya Youre. Believe!

So he's a quality LB as well as defensive mid. Perhaps that's where he'll start out to get game time and get used to the league. Looks like he could bring what Enrique did to the team with hopefully solid defending as well.