Sign in to follow this  
David Hodgson

Welcome Emre Can

There's a bit of talk he has negotiated a £40m release clause as well which would be nuts given the money he's on

Was supposedly one of the problems we had during the negotiations. So I wouldn’t be surprised at all.

Do wonder what his end game is there though. Bayern?

There's a bit of talk he has negotiated a £40m release clause as well which would be nuts given the money he's on

Nobody is going to pay him more than Juventus are so probably won’t be an issue! He’ll do well in Italy I reckon but that’s mad money for his level.

it’s still a good deal for Juventus. He would be going for 30 million plus in today’s market with his wages on top. Clearly their paying a premium wage as he didn’t cost a fee

It's crazy money, it's around the level Coutinho was going to get from us. He's really not that good.

it’s still a good deal for Juventus. He would be going for 30 million plus in today’s market with his wages on top. Clearly their paying a premium wage as he didn’t cost a fee

Yeah - you really have to look at the full deal - transfer fee, salary with bonuses, signing-on fee etc, agents etc.

No fee to buy him translates largely into extra cash in his pocket. Except the knock-on affect of better players wanting to match that too

It's crazy money, it's around the level Coutinho was going to get from us. He's really not that good.

Good luck to him, I hope he makes a fortune and does well over there. He's worth as much as they are willing to pay.

he's made a fortune, couldn't give a s*** how well he does now if he breaks his leg in his first game or wins 10 titles

Neither does he I imagine.

I see he's now the happy smiling face of H&M, and still not a hair out of place

He's only started 3 league games and only played 90 minutes once so not much chance to mess it up really.

He's only started 3 league games and only played 90 minutes once so not much chance to mess it up really.

Doesn’t seem like a ‘football move’ that one.

Klopp rated him and with comparative midfields he was always likely to play more for us. I wasn’t arsed, thought he slowed our play down when he was in the side.

Had the odd dominant game but I felt there was a good case for upgrading on him even if he stayed.

Edited by Leo No.8