By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Sven & Liverpool

Leo No.8

Just now, Nebraska Red said:

We follow such a wonderful club.

What a fantastic day they gave to SGE.

Made all the better seeing Jay Spearing in a Liverpool shirt yet again. 🙂

Great day for all Liverpool fans, apart from Crouchino and Murdoch 

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Hassony said:

Great day for all Liverpool fans, apart from Crouchino and Murdoch 

Crouchinho standing up and booing Sven when he came out, then saying he was shouting Booerikkson.

• Haha 6

23 hours ago, Hassony said:

Also,  I still haven't forgiven him and it annoys me that so many seem to have forgot what he did 

Do find it a bit odd he’s being pushed as a Liverpool man again. 

4 hours ago, Leo No.8 said:

Crouchinho standing up and booing Sven when he came out, then saying he was shouting Booerikkson.

Actually not posted since the game. 

I might ring the RNLI because surely all the cryw@nking is putting him in danger of drowning.

• Haha 1

I'm surprised Sven's admission that he was very close to actually managing Liverpool (which has to have been either when he left Lazio or Sampdoria), hasn't attracted more media interest. 

Apparently we almost had the then best manager in Europe, in the place of either Evans or Houllier, with no disrespect to either intended.

An intriguing what if, at least.

On 23/03/2024 at 18:36, Hassony said:

Diouf, Lovren and Ruddock at the top of the hate chart for me 

Owen right up there. Hate Hodgson more than all of them combined though, so much so I'm adding Konchelskis and his mummy/.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Murphman said:

Owen right up there. Hate Hodgson more than all of them combined though, so much so I'm adding Konchelskis and his mummy/.

Hodgson may be a dick, but he gets a lot of hate for someone that’s never been part of Liverpool Football Club 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gethin said:

Hodgson may be a dick, but he gets a lot of hate for someone that’s never been part of Liverpool Football Club 

Selective memory blocking. Brilliant.

Can you teach us all how to do that?

• Downvote 1

Posted (edited)

I’m fine with Torres - people forget what an absolute state we were back then. I was angry with him going to Chelsea of all places, but time is a great healer and we got his best years. It was a good deal for us in the end as he was never the same after a bad knee injury. Can you imagine peak Torres in a Klopp team? That would have been really something.

Edited by Leo No.8
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Leo No.8 said:

I’m fine with Torres - people forget what an absolute state we were back then. I was angry with him going to Chelsea of all places, but time is a great healer and we got his best years. It was a good deal for us in the end as he was never the same after a bad knee injury. Can you imagine peak Torres in a Klopp team? That would have been really something.

Torres leaving was when I decided I'd never love again.  Since then it's been a guarded sort of admiration for your Suarezes and Salahs of the world.

Edited by Aritro
  • Upvote 1

Didn’t Torres say something like “I’ve finally joined a big club” when he joined Chelsea.

It’s why Salah is miles better than lads like him and Suarez for me. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Didn’t Torres say something like “I’ve finally joined a big club” when he joined Chelsea.

He did.

And then a week later said 'Liverpool are actually the bigger club, the side is just crap at the minute'

25 minutes ago, kop205 said:

He did.

And then a week later said 'Liverpool are actually the bigger club, the side is just crap at the minute'

Did he? Christ what a time that was. I was at that game against Chelsea when he scored twice. Felt like the only game he’d really bothered in for a while. 

He was basically told not to press and be the Hodgy’s “Point of Reference” ©️🦉

I was at West Ham and made all sorts of runs off the shoulder and no one got them as it was all flat.
No doubt he didn’t try either. The worst thing he did for his career was rush back for the World Cup.