By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Nottingham Forest vs Liverpool - Premier League, 22nd October @ 12:30pm

ynwa.tv

From the first few minutes, it looked like we just weren't on it. Lots of injuries and patch work side, but we were still terrible. Created so little. Have no idea why VVD didn't just score when he had a free header inside the 6 yard box, but just indicative of the sort of day it was. And further indicative that the ball bounced off the post absolutely perfectly for their striker, while any time their keeper made a save, it bounced just away from our players. What a grim season. 

my favourite moment of the game is when salah went down with a back injury the comms talking about bobby clarke as a possible replacement.  

How many seasons does this happen to us where we end up with half the squad out f***ed with various injuries and we end up flooding the bench with kids who've barely played u23, never mind any first team experience.  For a club of our standing its utterly shambolic.   

16 minutes ago, Lark said:

my favourite moment of the game is when salah went down with a back injury the comms talking about bobby clarke as a possible replacement.  

How many seasons does this happen to us where we end up with half the squad out f***ed with various injuries and we end up flooding the bench with kids who've barely played u23, never mind any first team experience.  For a club of our standing its utterly shambolic.   

That was so so weird though. I wonder if he went down expecting being kneed in the back and then just blagged it?

I was sure he was done when it showed no contact was made as it looked like one of those weird serious injuries like Jota’s where the player just goes down. 

Couldn’t believe he just piped up and was fine. 

I winced when I saw that team, we are three midfielders light, proper grown up top  drawer lively midfielders in their prime who can run all day because they aren't knackered old men or Curtis friggin' Jones (I never want to see him in a red shirt again).

This s*** isn't helping the youngsters, I felt sorry for Carvalho today, Harvey too even though he had a stinker.

January is imperative, FSG could lose a billion quid  in value  if they don't spend a few hundred million on players.

4 minutes ago, Murphman said:

I winced when I saw that team, we are three midfielders light, proper grown up top  drawer lively midfielders in their prime who can run all day because they aren't knackered old men or Curtis friggin' Jones (I never want to see him in a red shirt again).

This s*** isn't helping the youngsters, I felt sorry for Carvalho today, Harvey too even though he had a stinker.

January is imperative, FSG could lose a billion quid  in value  if they don't spend a few hundred million on players.

I thought Elliott did well today. Among the best of a bad bunch. Low bar again, but there's far more players who were worse than him than better. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, usualsuspect said:

This game will annoy me for a few good days.

I've already resigned myself to being annoyed by it up until 10pm on Wednesday night. At which point it will be superseded by being annoyed with the Ajax game. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Zoob said:

I thought Elliott did well today. Among the best of a bad bunch. Low bar again, but there's far more players who were worse than him than better. 

Yeah I thought Elliot was the one who came out of that with the most credit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aritro said:

Yeah I thought Elliot was the one who came out of that with the most credit.

Allison, Elliot and Milner for me. Would have kept Milner on for Fab if we could. Shouldn't really be think like that in 2022 but there we are.

I can imagine us  being forced to play Arthur and Milner as our two holding mids sometime in the future. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Romario said:

Allison, Elliot and Milner for me. Would have kept Milner on for Fab if we could. Shouldn't really be think like that in 2022 but there we are.

I can imagine us  being forced to play Arthur and Milner as our two holding mids sometime in the future. 

Oh yeah, I meant midfield.  Carvalho struggling so much in the new system is an issue.  

If we're going to get so many injuries anyway, we need them all to stay injured at the right time to miss the World Cup.  

13 minutes ago, Cam said:

I've already resigned myself to being annoyed by it up until 10pm on Wednesday night. At which point it will be superseded by being annoyed with the Ajax game. 

If it helps, they'd shored up their defence enough to only concede twice in the previous three games.  I asked a Forest fan why and he said they'd started playing 4 at the back with an extra man in defence.  Which is also the reason they haven't been scoring themselves.

That probably doesn't help.

• Like 1

Carvalho is clearly a very good player. I'm sure he faced just as physical a challenge a division below but perhaps they arrive quicker on him in this league or something as he's constantly ending up on the ground and looks very light weight. 

Just now, Romario said:

Carvalho is clearly a very good player. I'm sure he faced just as physical a challenge a division below but perhaps they arrive quicker on him in this league or something as he's constantly ending up on the ground and looks very light weight. 

I mean he was playing against what effectively is a championship side today 

37 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Fabinho is unbelievable at the moment.  So madly inconsistent. 

He looks weaker,  slower and dumber than he has ever looked for us, not seen a decline like this ever since the aliens stole Charles Barkley's talent 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hassony said:

I mean he was playing against what effectively is a championship side today 

Yeah good point. He looks good when he comes on late in games and physically bullied when he starts so I dunno.

He doesn't look that much smaller than Elliot but Elliot seems to hold his own better.

Edited by Romario

2 hours ago, muleskinner said:

Patchwork side. s***e performance. 

Yep. Served a dogs dinner. Or breakfast. Or lunch. 

In comparison this afternoon/evening I cooked the best roast potatoes I think I've ever eaten. A relatively nice coop ready meal cod mornay (as a bonus was <1/2 price reduced), some asparagus, peas and a surprise for everyone (including me how well they turned out) some steamed/then fried in butter sprouts. 

It was lovely. And I'm glad it was cos it cheered me right up. However, it would have gone to sh!t if my gas or lecky didn't work, or if I didn't have the right pans. I had to wash a couple en route, but I had the right pans. All the right pans. And plates. And cutlery. 

Stuff that you need, so even if you do your best, it's not still a bit ****. 

14 minutes ago, Romario said:

Yeah, he looks great, but needs to bulk up without losing pace. 

Edited by Billy Talbot

4 minutes ago, Billy Talbot said:

Yep. Served a dogs dinner. Or breakfast. Or lunch. 

In comparison this afternoon/evening I cooked the best roast potatoes I think I've ever eaten. A relatively nice coop ready meal cod mornay (as a bonus was <1/2 price reduced), some asparagus, peas and a surprise for everyone (including me how well they turned out) some steamed/then fried in butter sprouts. 

It was lovely. And I'm glad it was cos it cheered me right up. However, it would have gone to sh!t if my gas or lecky didn't work, or if I didn't have the right pans. I had to wash a couple en route, but I had the right pans. All the right pans. And plates. And cutlery. 

Stuff that you need, so even if you do your best, it's not still a bit ****. 

Yeah, he looks great, but needs to bulk up without losing pace. 

Roast spuds on a Saturday.  Like the last days of the Roman empire.

• Upvote 1