By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Front threes

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

An all time 11 is pretty much impossible now isn't it?

I couldn't drop Kenny and Rushie for Suarez and Mo. I'd probably go the first three there up front. 

I think Alisson pips Clem now. I'd probably go VVD and Hansen and then the 80's fullbacks, Neal and Kennedy. A couple more seasons like last and Trent and Robbo are asking difficult questions. 

I think Gerrard and Souness are nailed on. But can you leave out Alonso if you are playing with Barnes in midfield?! 

With Mane, Firmino and Salah having shown us how it’s done, can you imagine some of our previous forwards in a similar formation?

For example, could we have played Owen and Fowler either side of Heskey?

Barnes, Aldo and Beardsley as a three?

There was always uproar when a manager (or at least a Spanish/French manager)had the temerity to play a striker out wide. (or, heaven help us, Gerrard). Was always seen as a demotion. 

I still hate the memory of Heskey lumbering about on the wing, falling over himself and pretending to be injured. I don't think Owen had the tricks or versatility to play out there to a high level, he was all finishing and pace. Fowler you wanted in the box.

Barnes/Aldo/Beardsley - yes, that would have worked

Mane not getting in any of these teams?

Think Trent has bypassed Babbel now. And Mo still hasn't overtaken Rushie.

It's right like but mad to think he's one of our best ever RBs at his age. Rushie would be one of the first on the sheet for me - over 400 goals scored and he worked so hard for the team he makes Jurgens tactics look lazy.