By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

LFC v The Ev, FA Cup 3rd Round, Friday night, 7.55pm

RP

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really.

He’d have been entitled to be but he’s going to get back on with the task at hand at some stage. You’d literally have loads and loads of black players either sent off or not being picked in the first place because they can’t concentrate otherwise.

I dunno, maybe that happens to some degree anyway.

He’d already lost his head and then he’s suddenly zen?

b******s.

Ref and half a dozen players were around Bobby, yet Holgate was the only one going mental for a moment.

Work the rest out.

Well, I doubt Holgate is fluent in Portuguese for a start.  Think it's  a ploy to divert attention from the shove which was blatant and worth a red card on its own.   There are quite a few  journos who think Madeley is the worst ref in the Premier League judging by their comments.

Terry got acquitted by the police but done by The FA.

I mean they’re not my two favourite bodies but the FA deffo beat the police on that one. 1-0 to them.

To be fair it wasn't the police who acquited him was it? As I remember they reviewed the evidence, passed it to the CPS who sent it to trial and it is was there that he got away with it.

Just hope in this one everyone is honest - Firmino gives a full account of what he said and Holgate gives a full account of what he thinks he heard and when, likewise everyone else around. It is too important an issue to be picking sides based on which team you play for/support.

As it stands I really can't see how it goes anywhere though. No footage of what Hlgate is alleging ti have been said and nobody else amongst the many people within earshot appearing to react as you would expect if it had been said.

Just don't need this to be drawn out.

What I would say as well is that accusing Holgate of making it all up (as opposed to just being mistaken) isn't really an accusation that should be thrown about any more lightly than an accusation of racism. He'd have to be an off the scale to snide to do that and for me he gets the beneft of the doubt in terms of his integrity - which isn't remotely the same as saying he is right.

Edited by kop205

He’d already lost his head and then he’s suddenly zen?

b******s.

Who said he’s Zen? It’s unlikely that just just keep shouting and raving. You literally have to do other things.

Do any of these three ex refs speak Portuguese?

What word are they looking for? Serious question.

To be fair it wasn't the police who acquited him was it? As I remember they reviewed the evidence, passed it totghe CPS who sent it to trial and it is was there that he got away with it.

Just hope in this one everyone is honest - Firmino gives a full account of what he said and Holgate gives a full account of what he thinks he heard and when, likewise everyone else around. It is too important an issue to be picking sides based on which team you play for/support.

As it stands I really can't see how it goes anywhere though. No footage of what Hlgate is alleging ti have been said and nobody else amongst the many people within earshot appearing to react as you would expect if it had been said.

Yeah Suarez admitted it and there was footage of terry that looked like him using the words he was alleged to. You’d think of there was footage incriminating bobby it would be somewhere by now.

Can we just agree...

Tensions in a derby run high and we're all prone to defending our own..

If Bobby just swore at him in Portuguese then there's no case to answer (and Holgate shouldn't falsely accuse him)

If Bobby used a racially derogatory term he should be punished and the club condemn such actions unequivocally (and he shouldn't deny it)

In the absence of objective evidence or admission no-one should be found guilty when it's literally one person's view against another

There's a possibility this gets processed by the FA incompentently meaning that he may have abused him and got away with it, or he may not have and get punished for it.. Neither of these is good.

Everything else from here is speculation that can unhelpfully lapse into defending the (potentially) indefensible just because he's a red and this also isnt good

Time to park this until there's some further info to add actual substance to a very sensitive area of discussion that goes beyond views on lineups, transfers, net spend etc... ?

Edited by Chewie

Yeah Suarez admitted it and there was footage of terry that looked like him using the words he was alleged to. You’d think of there was footage incriminating bobby it would be somewhere by now.

Wasn't Terry's defence that he did use the words but preceded them with 'Anton, I didn't call you a xxx'?

What word are they looking for? Serious question.

Negro it seems

"Son of a whore" vs "Son of a black whore" seem to be the 2 versions.

There is an angle that shows Firmino saying Puta, then Kenny's head blocking the camara and then Holgate reacting. Thats were some of the speculation is coming from. 

So far the camara angles show, by a consensus on Twitter, that he said "Son of a whore". There is no footage it seems of "Negro" being used, though thats not to say it wasnt.

There are tens of cameras at games these days and in the end of coverage BBC montage they had some video from a similar angle to the pic below.  They'll have footage to see exactly what he mouthed.  Whether or not that can be accurately interpreted by a lip reader, I don't know...

JS140100903.jpg

What's the Everton fan view on all this? Anyone dare have a look? (Not just the twitter loons)

Seriously I wouldn’t bother mate. Park it, enjoy Virgil’s winner and wait until Tuesday for an official update.

Edited by Dan

There are tens of cameras at games these days and in the end of coverage BBC montage they had some video from a similar angle to the pic below.  They'll have footage to see exactly what he mouthed.  Whether or not that can be accurately interpreted by a lip reader, I don't know...

JS140100903.jpg

I know. Wouldn't some sort of footage have been shown somewhere around the world by now if there was an angle that incriminated him in some way? Maybe not, but it always seems to come out pretty quickly in these things. 

To be fair it wasn't the police who acquited him was it? As I remember they reviewed the evidence, passed it to the CPS who sent it to trial and it is was there that he got away with it.

What I would say as well is that accusing Holgate of making it all up (as opposed to just being mistaken) isn't really an accusation that should be thrown about any more lightly than an accusation of racism. He'd have to be an off the scale to snide to do that and for me he gets the beneft of the doubt in terms of his integrity - which isn't remotely the same as saying he is right.

Ok. I reckon you know vastly more on the legal proceedings of The Terry case to be fair.

I think everything in your post is dead on.

Seems some people cant come to a conclusion on the sequence of words used and whether puta and negro came before-or-after each other

It looks like he called him "Negro fhilo de puta" which translates into .......

he says "puta de filho negro", the negro part comes when that idiot's head half obstructs it but the reaction says it all