Sign in to follow this  
Falconhoof

Welcome (2018) Naby Keita

Here's some info on the deal from reliable German website Kicker.de:

Says the release clause for next summer is € 55 mio. To make sure a deal gets done – and to fend off other suitors next summer – LFC were prepared to pay more than the clause demanded.

IMHO – and having watched Keita playing in Salzburg for a year – this deal is a steal. RB Leipzig, as well as Salzburg before, offer the perfect surroundings for young players to develop and improve. We will get an even better player next year.

Assuming there are no CL clauses that's a pretty impressive commitment from Keita. Every chance that he'd have the pick of half a dozen other top clubs next summer. Klopp is some salesman.

The risk for him and AOC running down their contracts is the chance of a serious injury or a serious downturn in form*. Either way, the key benefit is they are locking in the players future for the next 6 years - one at RBL then 5 at Liverpool. That's the main value I can see, certainty.

*It would seem we have assumed that risk and probably pass the injury related risk on to insurers.

Edited by Rory Fitzgerald

Great business by Liverpool to get Keita for £55m in today's market (£48m release clause + £7m premium). Had £66m bid turned down last month

From that sky journo fella

Saw a dick like that once

It's going to be really rather good if we get virgil isn't it. I can't sleep.

Waiting for a flight back from NYC. When I land home we'll have signed more great lads. I can feel it in my loins.

And yeah - he's the one I've wanted for a while.

He really fell for Klopp it seems. Could have waited until next season and signed for whoever he wants by all accounts.

Mane may have been a factor too... If so, I love the guy even more

Handled himself very well throughout this whole affair treating both clubs with respect. Rare thing these days.

Mane may have been a factor too... If so, I love the guy even more

Been thinking this. Reckon having his mate here might mean we get a decent few years from Mane

Been thinking this. Reckon having his mate here might mean we get a decent few years from Mane

They share an agent don't they? I don't think that counts as mates.