By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Maxi

Ombudsam

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should play on the left, not the right. Combination of Torres, him and Aurelio is fantastic when going forward. Or certainly in Hodge's system, anyway. That said Dirk hasn't been himself this season, he looks absolutely shattered in every game. Would like to see a midfield of Maxi - Lucas - RM - Jovanovic in action at some point but there's no chance of that happening.

Have said it a few times, our best football is often played when he is in the side.

Keeps and uses the ball so well, thought he linked in nicely with Aquilani at times last year (when I thought he was better than people gave him credit for, especially the media who scoffed at him as if he were some kind of pub footballer instead of a very astute bit of business) and is a shame we won't get to see that again.

Also linked nicely with Aurelio the other day. Clealry someone who thrives on having good players around him - and someone who good players like to have around.

My MOM v Bolton.

Edited by kop205

Should be a permanent fixture on the right. Might not have the stamina and endevour of Kuyt but he brings so much more. Typical of a defensive minded manager to think otherwise, mind.

Somewhere along the line it became a pre-requisite that a footballer's first attribute should be his ability to track back

I loved the balance of our 2001 defence. 3 very solid defenders and a fullback in Babbel who was brilliant both defensively and in attack. Just allowed to go out and play.

For the first half of the decade we were a big, imposing side. Then we became progressively smaller

Another Benitez flop..... :unsure:;)

One of those signings that Hodgson could never make. 35 years gets him Poulsen.

Which one of the press?

Read a few reports around the time of the Everton game I think, football365 really went after him and Lucas, then heard 'The Monday Night Club' go after him, though to be fair that was Claridge mainly.

Read a few reports around the time of the Everton game I think, football365 really went after him and Lucas, then heard 'The Monday Night Club' go after him, though to be fair that was Claridge mainly.

Jamie Redknapp once said something similar.

But he's a massive bellend.

Claridge and Redknapp, familiar names, familiar views.

Having said that, Maxi is much better this season, I did worry he hadn't recovered from the knee injury and was making the wrong move late in his career having dropped down the order at Athleti.

Think I heard here earlier in the season that he was pap. I carried the baton for all those with working minds though, and tried my best to highlight the qualities that he brought to the team and what you are all starting to notice.