By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Benitez has a duty to put England first

Cunny

think you're right. but then it's a cop-out if the final decision rests with the player.

He isn't training yet and it's 3 days before the game.

There has to be an argument that Liverpool can pull him.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massive burden to put on Gerrard and damaging psychologically to the rest of the squad. When will someone put the "All due respect to Israel..." question to McClaren?

nobody will. because every england game is MASSIVE. and the whole COUNTRY is willing the lads on to euro2008 where they will have a GREAT chance of winning it.

"the whole country is relying on you stevie lad, now whadda ya say? wouldn't let your team-mates and your countrymen down would you?"

I hope Rafa is in his ear as well

If he's not fit, he is not f***ing fit

The players are trotting out the company line now. It's getting beyond a joke.

Micah Richards believes Steven Gerrard should have a pain-killing injection to allow him to play against Israel.

There has been some debate about whether the key midfielder, who has a broken toe, should be helped through England's Euro 2008 qualifier at Wembley.

But Richards is adamant that he would take such a step if he had to, telling Sky Sports News: "I could do that definitely, you've got to haven't you?

"You'd do anything to play for your country."

Here

Edited by Boca

You honestly think he will? Especially when Terry and Lampard are also talking about maybe taking injections to get through the Russia game?

The media are stating that the injuries are similar, when in fact they are very different. I read that Lampard has broken the toe, by the little toe. He has been taking painkilling injections, against doctors advice. Doctors have said that if he did not rest, there is a chance that he would not be able to move his toe again.

The players are trotting out the company line now. It's getting beyond a joke.

Here

Micah Richards believes Steven Gerrard should have a pain-killing injection to allow him to play against Israel.

There has been some debate about whether the key midfielder, who has a broken toe, should be helped through England's Euro 2008 qualifier at Wembley.

But Richards is adamant that he would take such a step if he had to, telling Sky Sports News: "I could do that definitely, you've got to haven't you?

"You'd do anything to play for your country

Who the f*** this Richards is to tell whether Gerrard should play or not? Football is not Normandy. It's Gerrard and LFC's call.

Reading Gerrard's book he really plays the 'I love playing for England' line so it's not like Mclaren will be forcing him to have an injection, he'll probably want it just as much IMO. I find Gerrard's love for England a bit strange, most people from Liverpool I know only watch England for the Liverpool players or not at all.

I don't know why he cares so much about England. The fans are a bunch of idiots, the FA are a bunch of idiots, the coaching staff are a bunch of idiots and the squad is full of s*** like Alan Smith and Phil Neville and massive knobheads like Lampard.

The fans have been talked about on before on here - The muppets seem to be spreading for some reason - the likes of these new breed Chelsea fans who go to all the England games, sing WWII/Easeh Easeh songs and would prefer England to win the WC than their club the CL. If a RTK member found themselves at an England game these days they'd have a panic attack.

Personally if I was captain of Liverpool, their best player, adored by a lot of their fans - I wouldn't risk missing a fair chunk of a season in which they have the best chance of challenging for the league in years to play in a game where I shouldn't really be needed to beat the mediocre opposition. But it's easy for me to say that I suppose.

Edited by Sion

It's getting to the stage where if he plays on Saturday, I almost wish he does aggrivate the injury. Just enough to keep him out of Wednesday's game but not enough that he's no fit for Pompey the following weekend of course.

If the reaction he has is the same as the Chelsea game then Rafa said he couldn't train for 5 days. A similar reaction here will rule him out of Wednesday and almost certainly Pompey away.

Whatever happens in this fiasco being orchestrated by Fifth Choice Steve the certaintly is that two of Sissoko, Mascherano and Alonso will be playing against Pompey a week Saturday because Gerrard wont be fit.